New owner - 22GCW Stern Lounger due in March

Very nice, Enjoy the summer

I’m kind of wishing I would have went Driftwood interior of ours ..... I love that color!!!!!

Yeah Semp that boat of yours is just awful. ;)

Yeah, there’s always something a little nicer that catches your attention...... good thing is I doubt panthergirl would approve .... unless it was a Q .... :D

On my 23GCW I was able to put the bow gat seat next to the Queens Helm. It was the most popular seat one the boat (for others). I love that layout!

P.S. I never took that table out either ;)

The day has arrived!

Nothing like a 30mph crosswind the first time you are bringing your brand new Benny into its slip. Wow.

Question: I tilted the motor up, supported it with the bracket and then tried to retract the two trim rods and one (finally) retracted, but one is still out. Is that an issue, or did I not do something?

7906E551-C8C0-4E69-81E1-DA3D247CFC9E.jpeg2259313F-AAFF-4424-A674-A6F256409B7D.jpegB6D9928D-5F3D-470F-8CF9-B79F2E005A33.jpeg7B3B539C-7A48-4B86-B309-FA80B354FDE7.jpeg78D52C71-579A-4367-9F29-6CA07B1434C3.jpeg7E04F908-299C-4B34-8ADD-895CF479F1C9.jpeg

7906E551-C8C0-4E69-81E1-DA3D247CFC9E.jpeg

Trim rods???

Screenshot_20180413-052342.png
Screenshot_20180413-052251.png
He is talking about these
My question is, when are you leaving the motor up resting on the little bracket? If I remember correctly it is NOT to be used for trailering, ok if it's just while in your slip. If for trailering, then something like that M Y wedge in the picture should be used, if you feel you need to have it trimmed up for transport.

I also don't think you need to worry about the trim rods retracting, they usually use the weight of the motor to help. There are fluids in there that will need persuasion (weight) to allow it to depress.

View attachment 21980
View attachment 21981
He is talking about these
My question is, when are you leaving the motor up resting on the little bracket? If I remember correctly it is NOT to be used for trailering, ok if it's just while in your slip. If for trailering, then something like that M Y wedge in the picture should be used, if you feel you need to have it trimmed up for transport.

I also don't think you need to worry about the trim rods retracting, they usually use the weight of the motor to help. There are fluids in there that will need persuasion (weight) to allow it to depress.

Correct. Those are the rods and this is only when the boat is in the slip. Not that I usually read owners manuals, but in this case it does pretty clearly talk about letting the "tilt support lever" (scientific term) carry the weight while tilted and to retract the trim rods. I'm not overly concerned, but it did seem like a pretty basic thing to do that wasn't working. IMG_0985.jpg IMG_0986.jpg

This is it. Mine does the same thing...takes awhile for one to retract, but then the other does not. Not sweating it. Will ask the dealer.

Well there ya go! I learnt something, I don't have a slip, so mine was always on a trailer in the down position.

I wonder if retracting those is necessary if not in a saltwater environment.

I'll let others chime in (that leave theirs in the water) to see if they do this and if not, any issues with leaving them out.

Update! I did get the other rod to retract. You just have to hold the trim button down a LONG time...like close to 45 secs or a minute after the first one has retracted.

And yep, I would think that the primary benefit is in salt water. I'll see how patient I stay with the delay it takes to retract but I can see that docking step fading quickly.

Back