New toon thoughts

He Jack, thanks for the tip. I've started a list of things I'll want to have on-board and will add mitts instead of a brush. 

I have a brush also ,just in case I run into a stubborn area.

Last edited by a moderator:
About the sharkhide -- to my mind it's not about the "shine."  It's hard to keep them looking exactly like new and I've accepted that the toons won't look great from the waterline down.  To me it's about the tarnishing.  I've seen quite a number of untreated toons with a lot of unsightly dark tarnish.  Keeping the toons looking almost like new above the waterline is why I'm such a big sharkhide fan.     

About the sharkhide......Keeping the toons looking almost like new above the waterline is why I'm such a big sharkhide fan.     

Agreed. I boat in a very pristine, clean water lake and the tubes on my previous Bennie were VERY discolored.

Bennington does 25 Sharkhide applications a day. There IS a reason.

Our new boat is getting Sharkhide and I'm wondering if it needs to be reapplied every year? Other year?  By the dealer? 

Our new boat is getting Sharkhide and I'm wondering if it needs to be reapplied every year? Other year?  By the dealer? 

I'm on my 4th season with just touchup, though mine is kept on a lift.

Back