New way to add fender tie-offs on Q 's

I have found better looking eye bolts that are forged. Only downside is they will be $8 to $12 each. I'll see if Zodapop wants to step up. Steve

Not to bring up another brand, but my father in law bought a pontoon last year and it had the coolest fender system: its a quick release and looks great. I was suprised when i ordered my boat there wasnt an option like this:

Quick%20release%20fenders_large.jpg
Quick%20release%20close%20up_large.jpg

The fender hanger shown in Puck404"s post is advertised in the new issue of Pontoon & Deck Boat magazine.

Is is manufactured by Accon Marine - 40-R Fender Hanger; price $32.61 each.

Two pics Zodapop added in the gallery are using the adhesive heat shrink to build fender ropes. Anyone who thinks this won't hold, I looped one end around a bolt and put it in a vise and Zoda put 220 lbs. of pull on it and it held. If anyone wants the other part numbers let me know and I will post. Steve

We like the TaylorMade fender adjusters for pontoon boats, sold in a 4-pack

1155755_75.jpg

The problem with the Taylor Made quick release system is it fits tight on the Q top rail and will scratch it. They are nice for putting the bumpers were ever you want.

I still like EZ fender and they work well on my Q. Can be installed on the top or bottom side of the rail.

Jack

I just posted a pic of my tidy-ups. I have 3 on each side. They slide to where you want, can stay on with the playpen cover but are removable in 5 seconds. They adjust with a cam-action (rather than a fixed height like rings and clips) and are a one handed operation. All I do is put the ropes in and the fenders pull up for running and release down for rafting. So easy even I can do it.

I just ordered 4 of these. I am anxious to see how they work. I have new 2375 GCW coming in April. We had a 2575 RL and never tried them They look good.

I have used the EZ Fender for a couple of years now and have had no issues. However I do not cover my boat every day as I store in my garage/ workshop I built just for the boat. I have covered it a time or two while on trips and these did not interfere with the top. The only concern I have is that someone helping hang the fenders is going to unscrew the thumb screw to far and drop it in the water. These set screws should have a Stop on them to keep them from coming all the way out. These are easy to use and adjust for different fender heights as needed. I m thinking of changing to the type that Nap22 just posted as these do not require a set screw. They are spring loaded and easy to use as well. Just my two cents.
I have now ordered the EZ Fender brand and the ones that Nap22 posted. I will compare them and post results, that is once my boat comes in and the ice goes out...late May?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't slide freely, they are a little tight to stay but I once made the mistake of driving off with out pulling in the fenders and next thing I knew I lost a fender and the clip

Thank you.

Don't slide freely, they are a little tight to stay but I once made the mistake of driving off with out pulling in the fenders and next thing I knew I lost a fender and the clip
I had the exact same thing happen with the plastic clips, which is why I'm going to EZFenders. It was definitely user error, but hey, we all make some errors.

See toons pic

The panel does not go the whole way up to top rail.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like maybe 1/4" or so in PDXhosedraggers pic.

Back