New way to add fender tie-offs on Q 's

On our 24SSL, the rail is right up against the furniture, but you can wedge something in through there if it's 3/8ths inch thick or less.

I don't have the tidy ups, but it looks like a flat strap. You shouldn't have a problem.

The panel doesnt go all the way up, and the furniture doesn't fit perfectly snug against the top rail. I was able to find a spot where the strap could slide between the rail and furniture and then slide it to where I wanted it. To keep it semi-stationary I used zip ties creatively.

I just ordered these . I have an SLX model that isn't even here yet .

Now I am wondering ,is there enough room between the rail and the furniture to attach them ?

I can't tell by any pictures .

PDXhosedragger has some pics posted ,I don't know what model he has .

Thanks

The panel doesnt go all the way up, and the furniture doesn't fit perfectly snug against the top rail. I was able to find a spot where the strap could slide between the rail and furniture and then slide it to where I wanted it. To keep it semi-stationary I used zip ties creatively.
Once installed do you leave them attached to the rail ?

Since you mention you also zip tied them I would assume so ,but I know what happens when you assume .

Last edited by a moderator:
PDX -Creative with zip ties and amazing with duct tape :p

I leave them on. All I do is slip the fender rope in and tie a half hitch in the end as a safety every time I go out. It literally takes two minutes.

I was just at the dealer ,to check on the Bennington factory tour and was looking at the Benningtons on display ( 5 total ) .

On every one the furniture was against the top rail ,on some it even appeared to be attached .

Is there any reason I could not or should not use the vertical support rails ?

Thanks again.
183254_lge.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
While I don't think it would hang quite right on a vertical support rail (probably why you are asking this), I think with the weight of the fender, it would still work.

But, my main concern would be when you DON'T have the fender attached to it, and it's hanging on the vertical rail. I would think the weight of the metal part would fold it over such that the metal part would rub against your fence...

I can see why you'd want to clip to the veritcal support rail, as the tidy up wouldn't slide that way, but I wouldn't risk the fence getting scratched.

If you don't want these to slide along the horizontal rail, You might put a zip tie around the loop, parallel to the rail, such that it makes the tidy up loop smaller and it pinches the rail. It won't slide around that way.

I don't have these, so I really don't know, but that's what comes to mind....

I like how you guys did Zodapop's too. But, it is hard to drill holes in a brand new rail!

Didn't you mention the rail isn't totally hollow, there's a support that runs down the middle or something? Trying to remember...

Her is what I found about 6 years ago and just installed them on my new 2275RCW image.jpg

The fender hanger shown in Puck404"s post is advertised in the new issue of Pontoon & Deck Boat magazine.

Is is manufactured by Accon Marine - 40-R Fender Hanger; price $32.61 each.
I saw these at a boat show this weekend on a Cypress pontoon.  They seemed to be fairly well built and very easy to use.  My only remaining concern is any interference with a cover on while you leave your boat in a slip covered....

Tempting to get these however.... 

the EZ Fender does not interfere with the mooring cover as long as they are used in front of the bimini support poles.  I have 2 on each sode and that adequately protects my bost at my slip.  If I go somewhere where I need one in the back then I just tie it onto one of the bimini support poles

I installed the EZ Fenders as well.  I was afraid to use the clip tip on the black rails.  The EZ Fenders do the job quite nicely.

These are what I use and love them. http://www.discountm...er_Hangers.html

Perko at the bottom of the page.

The first time I read this thread, I missed this link, but caught it today before I started my post.  I found the same thing this week, but it is the model number that hard mounts, without the strap, either on a flat surface or has clamps to go around a round rail.  I think it's pretty slick and hopefully works well.  I plan on mounting them on the bottom of the top rail in the center of the boat.  I like the EZ Fender, but I agree, the screw will eventually wear on the fender line.  I was planning on modifying one by machining the bottom of the screw into a ball and making a small plastic swivel base that would snap onto the screw/ball so there would be a flat surface compressing the line.  

Anyone see a problem with this hanger?  I haven't inspected the rail on my Q, but I think it will work??  

It has a knurled ball inside that locks the line when opposite force is applied, and then has a release to return the ball and allow the line to slide freely.   (Note:  it's much easier to release than I make it seam toward the end of the video.  I was reaching around my phone in the truck and it was a bit awkward.)

/monthly_2016_04/large.EEz-IN.JPG.1058cd61add8f4174a30e8cdce209800.JPG/monthly_2016_04/large.EEz-IN_3.JPG.f5a09ab424165f0af0d8aee50d1081aa.JPG/monthly_2016_04/large.EEz-IN_2.JPG.e3d47467a10a09e6fbd6f07ef88b0479.JPG

I installed two EZFenders on each side under the rail. The screw has been staked and will not back out. We don't dock very often but it only takes a few seconds to thread the fender lines thru and secure them.

Back