Nice to meet you all!

Olduffer

Reaction score
Hi, nice to meet you all, new member here. Well, it's 4 am and we can't sleep because today we go pick up our new(and first ever boat) Bennington! We are so excited! We got the 20 s series, which is great for just the 2 of us. We looked at several brands, but when we saw our first Bennington, the search was over. :)

We are having 1 problem though...what to name our "baby". Since we are also Jimmy Buffett fans, it needs to be something from one of his songs.

Anyway, once again, nice to meet you all, and wish us luck on our shakedown cruise!

Tim and Cheryl

I cannot help you with a name. My boat's name is "De Bonte Koe" [The Spotted Cow], the name of the sailing ship my Dutch ancestors landed at Battery Park on 4/15/1660.

If you're interested in Jimmy Buffet music, I suggest you go into Wikipedia.com and sign into his name.

Mr. Buffett's quite a saltwater fisherman and sailor. His boats are and have been named Continental Drifter (3 boats), Euphoria, Last Mango, Chill and Groovie.

Jimmy has a very prolific music portfolio and continues to work very hard seasonally to maintain a net worth reported @ $400 million.

Mac McAnally lives in my town, and he tours with the Coral Reefer Band playing guitar. Mac also produces Jimmy's CD's--about one per year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the party, and remember, "It's 5 o'clock somewhere". B)

Welcome to the family, PICS are required, or it ain't true !!! LOL !!

Make sure when you get the name on, to post up a pic on boat name thread !!!!

Welcome Olduffer............How about "Parrothead!" or "Come Monday!"

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like a bad case of Bennyitis has set in. Don't worry, it never goes away. Ha ha.

I saw a Jimmy Buffett vanity license plate once that was pretty clever. SNIFINS. We'll see if anyone can figure it out. It is not an acronym. And it has to do with “fins”...

How about Saint Somewhere? As in I gotta fly to St. Somewhere. Some place warm, relaxing, away from it all, etc.

Hmmm, pics, ok will try! Thanks for the replies, we saw Jimmy just last month in Indianapolis. Anybody who can make millions working in shorts and barefoot, is my hero-lol.

We live about 30 miles south of the Bennington factory, and have a lot of lakes in the area to cruise on. As far as names, we are leaning towards "Jolly Mon Sing" or "My Barracuda"-lol

Welcome aboard!

Sounds like a bad case of Bennyitis has set in. Don't worry, it never goes away. Ha ha.

I saw a Jimmy Buffett vanity license plate once that was pretty clever. SNIFINS. We'll see if anyone can figure it out. It is not an acronym. And it has to do with “fins”...

How about Saint Somewhere? As in I gotta fly to St. Somewhere. Some place warm, relaxing, away from it all, etc.
SNIFINS: Fins to the left and fins to the right.

Welcome aboard Tim you olduffer

Thanks for the welcome all. We picked it up yesterday, and spent a couple of hours cruising around the St. Joe river with the dealer. (took me 3 attempts to get it back on the trailer-lol) I must say, we are extremely pleased with the quality and ride, and the little 50 yamaha has a lot of pep. We were too busy learning everything to take pics, but I'll try to get some today when we take her out.

By the way, we named our little Bennington "License to Chill"

Last edited by a moderator:
Great name, and it sounds like great times will be had! Congrats and welcome to the addiction! Haha

Welcome Aboard!!!!

I'm kinda partial to Buffett's "Boats to Build"!!! LOL

May your excitement never go away!

We named ours "five o'clock" and like Carl said "It's five o'clock somewhere." Welcome and it is great to be a Bennington owner.

Roy

Welcome! Congratulations on the new boat, and cute name!

Back