Non Slip pads

Bull

Reaction score
Guys

I am in the process of looking looking for non-slip pads to place on the bottom of my coolers...

I see there are tons of options, so before reinventing the wheel, I will just through it out there.....

Anyone using any non-slip  pads that they will recommend...

Now that's a good idea. Our cooler slides around a lot too.

If you have carpet would heavy duty velcro work, just on the bottom of the cooler ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Only a couple negatives to the velcro, one is that when you constantly move the cooler, you will probably usually have it in the same general area, so it may cause the carpet to get "frizzy" in that area. The other problem is attaching it to the cooler. It probably won't have as much force from the stickiness of the tape as the stickiness of the velcro, so it will pull off the cooler. If you staple it on then you have to worry about the staples loosening and either falling in the carpet so you can "find" it with your foot, and by that I mean it sticking OUT of your foot. You might have a better chance going to a furniture store and seeing what they have. We used to sell a lot of them for sofas since so many people have hardwood or laminate these days. They usually have a small indent where you can sink a screw in flush.

If I ever get anything I want to use velcro on and it doesn't stick ,Gorilla Glue on the velcro 

That would work Jack but from a technical perspective you would still have to deal with "Frizzy" :rolleyes:

You can get some of the rubber material that is used for kitchen shelf liner and glue it to the bottom of the cooler and it will keep it from sliding around and not make the carpet frizzy.

Jack

Or carpet remnant cut to the size of the cooler ,velcro on the cooler . Carpet on carpet shouldn't slip and no " Frizzes " 

What about a bath tub mat cut to the size of the cooler ?

I must be bored again today and it is snowing again .

My line of thinking also Jack. Have a short piece of carpet runner cut at Lowe's/Home Depot and attach it to the bottom of the cooler with double sided tape.

What about that sticky mat material you put in your tool box so the tools don't slide around? Seems like a piece of that with the weight of the cooler would work and with no fuzzies.

home goods sells padding that goes under area rugs to keep them from sliding around should work great under a cooler on any surface carpet or hard floor.

Back