North Carolina Weather...

Rockie69

Reaction score
Hope everyone is doing ok. Our plant was slow going today... A couple co-workers are doing a tour of duty in NC for 6 months. Ice is a great reason to stay off the roads in any state!

Yup, ice it was, and still is. Should be a rough go tomorrow AM due to the water on the roads freezing. Good thing I don''t have to go to work.   :)

My wife has been waiting for a package and ups shows its been stuck in KY due to weather.

I don't feel sorry them. -12 in the forecast with a high in the single digits till Sat. It's been so cold here that my testicles refuse to leave my wife's purse.

It melted pretty quick.......

10 degrees here this AM. First time for a frozen water pipe and it's the hot water, cold works fine downstairs, just no hot. Upstairs is good. Supposed to be colder tonight.

This might be happening due to the fact that Kathy and I are heading South soon to escape the cold weather in the North

I'll blame you Mark.   :D

10 degrees here this AM. First time for a frozen water pipe and it's the hot water, cold works fine downstairs, just no hot. Upstairs is good. Supposed to be colder tonight.
This is not helping 

Last edited by a moderator:
Breaking records yesterday and today. Very unusual though Jack, not to worry.

Got 3" of ice pellets on Tuesday but melted away fast. 10 here last night Average night low is 36 we won't even get to that for a high today Right now it's 29 at 3:45 PM. Day average is a balmy 56. May get there in a week or 2. I didn't expect this when we packed up and left MA 8 years ago but at least it's not the 100+ inches of snow they have on the ground right now

We're expecting -3 tonight and -11 tomorrow evening  ..... before wind chill!!!!  You can always tell when it's really cold if the thermometer moves down the wall!!!

30 below here in Petoskey 

"Only" 16 below here in Wixom, Mi.

Local news just projected ice on the lakes until May .No clue where the get where they get their info from .Last winter was worse ,Ice started going out in early April 

In Alaska yesterday it was warmer than it was in SC. Something got mixed up. Got up this morning it was 8. The Bassmasters are on Lake Hartwell this weekend The water temp is 45. They delayed the start until 8:30 to let it warm up a bit, now13 out. I guess if you make a living at it you can put up with a little cold weather. The PURSE is 1 Million Dollars

Pittsburgh, that does make a pretty winter wonder land. You could get a ice boat an sail around

And it starts ...... 6-8 inches snow called for, then freezing rain, then maybe just rain tomorrow with 40 degrees. I'll still have to plow at work and hope what's left washes away, but back to teens overnight. Ugggghhhh!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back