North Carolina Weather...

We're at 45 right now and rain tonight and all day tomorrow. The temps have been as bad as I've ever seen them. So far lucked out no broken pipes this year. I'd just like to see it get near the normal temp of 56.

+2 for the normal of 56. Hopefully the rain will get rid of the ice in the driveway.

My mother-in-law told me that Cocoa Beach temperature is forecasted for 80 degrees on Monday, the day of our arrival.  See you down there CWag

My mother-in-law told me that Cocoa Beach temperature is forecasted for 80 degrees on Monday, the day of our arrival.  See you down there CWag
Yup, see you guys on Wednesday.

Today we got into the 20's.  It felt like a heat wave.  Sunday we drop back into negative temps for  lows.

28 here today and everyone was getting their cars washed. -12 for a low tomorrow.....

We were supposed to get 7" as well but doesn't look like we got that much.  Since today is forecasted for a high of 38 with a chance of rain yesterday I hired a guy to shovel the snow off my camp at the lake as I was told by a neighbor we all had over 2' of snow on the roof.  Talk about crazy, tomorrows forecast is a low of -10 with a high of 8 degrees.  Don't mean to rub it in but I am so glad we are heading to Florida and staying at Kathy's mothers for a month.  Only problem is she doesn't have internet so I wont be able to check in on my beloved Bennington Forum as I do every morning.

We will miss you Mark .

We were supposed to get 7" as well but doesn't look like we got that much.  Since today is forecasted for a high of 38 with a chance of rain yesterday I hired a guy to shovel the snow off my camp at the lake as I was told by a neighbor we all had over 2' of snow on the roof.  Talk about crazy, tomorrows forecast is a low of -10 with a high of 8 degrees.  Don't mean to rub it in but I am so glad we are heading to Florida and staying at Kathy's mothers for a month.  Only problem is she doesn't have internet so I wont be able to check in on my beloved Bennington Forum as I do every morning.

I guess you'll just have to find a Starbucks every morning.    :D

Link,

Enjoy The Sun

The Warmth 

AND 

The VIEWS 

girls_in_bikini___ms_paint_by_ruffyloko-d34lfh3.png

Use hot spots for free net and perhaps tie into neighbors with permission 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the iphone 6 [not 6+] and although most think it an adequate size screen I will use it for email & text but to surf the internet it is too small.  We have friends that also have homes/condos down there so I will jump in their computers occasionally. 

Some plans allow you to teather your cell for wireless.

Some plans allow you to teather you cell for wireless.
Jared beat me to it. AT&T now allows it (finally) for n/c with my iPhone 6.

I have the iphone 6 [not 6+] and although most think it an adequate size screen I will use it for email & text but to surf the internet it is too small.  We have friends that also have homes/condos down there so I will jump in their computers occasionally. 
Keep in mind most snowbirds and Floridians are outside this time of year

I think if you know them or not , you can jump on their computers for a few hours and drink a pepsi or two 

Maybe grab something to eat from the fridge or grill as well (lol)

girl_cop_chasing_thief.gif

Curious... Can you travel from Lake Hickory to Lake Norman by water in a Pontoon?

No.

I'm in Cancun and it's beautiful 84 degrees with a nice breeze off the ocean. - sorry. When we head back to Minnesota tomorrow, it's suppose to be in the 50's to near 60 the rest of the week.

The weather here this weekend has been brutal. As Jimmy says, " Got to go where the weather suits my clothes." Was 91 yesterday and 84 today. Spent the day at the beach riding our bikes and enjoying the sights. A an amateur photographer, I enjoy shooting BIF.

Cheers, Steve 

Is that ITB you know In The B--F?

Back