OK, it's contest time....... pick the date we get member 1K

goldnrod24

Reaction score
This club is one year old this month (don't remember the exact date). We are on the big end of 800 members.

Chime in here with the date you think we'll hit our 1000th member. The winner gets my lifelong respect and awe for being clairvoiant!

I'll start...... I'm picking February 28, 2012.

Game on! Oh, and any edited posts are disqualified; no changing guesses after they are posted.

This club is one year old this month (don't remember the exact date). We are on the big end of 800 members
Clarification so as to not confuse anyone. We aren't on the "big end of 800." As I write this, we are at 819.

Also, aside from administrators and a few folks who joined early, but haven't posted since, the earliest, still active member is.......... drum roll please...........

Geoffrey & Brenda

Group:Moderators

Views:1,844

(as of 1/19/12)

B)

Thank you, Thank you, and still proud to be part of the best club on the net! As for my guess, with all the boat shows in the near future, sales should jump, so i'll pick March 1st.

Last edited by a moderator:
at an add rate of appx 70 a month, user count should get to 1000 by end of April, so I say April 29 at 3:03 pm

Clarification so as to not confuse anyone. We aren't on the "big end of 800." As I write this, we are at 819.

Also, aside from administrators and a few folks who joined early, but haven't posted since, the earliest, still active member is.......... drum roll please...........

Geoffrey & Brenda

Group:Moderators

Views:1,844

(as of 1/19/12)

B)
What? Now i'm on the "pay no mind list"? 23-January 11 :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry he put you on that list sparkdr220. I don't figure it was intentional.

Anyway, my guess on the 1K is to be on April 15. No make that the 16th. Last day to file your IRS return. Time of day, I do not know.

Good luck to all.

andy

What? Now i'm on the "pay no mind list"? 23-January 11 :D
Sorry, Doc! No slight intended.

Your anniversary is Monday!!!! Congrats for being one of the first.

Sorry, Doc! No slight intended.

Your anniversary is Monday!!!! Congrats for being one of the first.
None taken. That is one of my favorite movie lines and I appreciate the opportunity to use it. Maybe the next contest can be to guess the movie.

As far as 1,000.....I'm gonna go with Friday the 13th. 4/13/12

Is it fair to ask what the average number of people that are joining per day? I'm sure some of you have that info so isn't it only fair we have that info to calculate our date? ;)

I'm going with April 21, 2012.

Is it fair to ask what the average number of people that are joining per day? I'm sure some of you have that info so isn't it only fair we have that info to calculate our date? ;)
I don't (nor the other mods) have any insider information. Simple math says 2.25/day, but with boat show season in full swing and folks with less to do outside in the winter (possibly leading to more 'net surfing), an annual average might not be of much help.

Good luck with your guess.

I'll take Feb 29th. It's leap-year this year. By the way, if you buy a boat on that day, in four years it will only be one. :p (There, I'm not longer an emoticon virgin - That was my first ever!)

Wouldn't be surprised if we hit it sooner. There have been a lot of new posters lately. I had to post stupid questions in December just so I'd have something to read. It's really picked up.

I don't (nor the other mods) have any insider information. Simple math says 2.25/day, but with boat show season in full swing and folks with less to do outside in the winter (possibly leading to more 'net surfing), an annual average might not be of much help.

Good luck with your guess.
Thanks for the reply goldenrod24' but I honestly was expecting a response to that. I agree that with boat shows coming up and spring getting closer people will start surfing the net. I am curious as to where you go to see how many members there are?

My date is March 11th and yes I pulled that out of my under the seat storage. ;)

My guess is Apr 1, 2012....April Fools Day!! It will probably be sooner since the boat shows have started.

Goodfellas.

Tax day and my sons birthday. April 15th

Back