On time as planned or not?

Looking good !!!

That's awesome looking boat. I live the vinyl floor.  We have vinyl,  but not seagrass. Colors are great too! Got a name picked out? 

Love it! The interior looks really plush!

Sweetness!

Looks awesome! I love the Perminum seating!

Now I have to ask... Are they putting air into the fuel tank or evacuating air out? Or is just a plug with a teather to keep debris out?

Now I have to ask... Are they putting air into the fuel tank or evacuating air out? Or is just a plug with a teather to keep debris out?

It's a pressure test system for leaks.

It looks really nice. If the "Premium" would have been available back in late September when we got our 2016 21SLX, we would probably sprung for that version. One think I don't like as much about it is the roll of padding on top of the helm. Looks to me like a Sumo's waist band. Love the rest of it though. Congrats! We love everything about ours.

Mine is looking like at least 1-2 weeks later than the 6 weeks promised when I ordered in early March.    Looking at showroom boats they have in similar size. Might upgrade to a 22ssrx, or a 2250GSR.  

That's awesome looking boat. I live the vinyl floor.  We have vinyl,  but not seagrass. Colors are great too! Got a name picked out? 

Thanks. No name. But yes, it will be a long wait. We are shooting for Memorial Day weekend!

It looks really nice. If the "Premium" would have been available back in late September when we got our 2016 21SLX, we would probably sprung for that version. One think I don't like as much about it is the roll of padding on top of the helm. Looks to me like a Sumo's waist band. Love the rest of it though. Congrats! We love everything about ours.

Yup. I'm guessing it's hiding a seam of some sort. I can live with it.

Happy Boating.

We don't have the same model, yours stays in the same building they lay the flooring on, I believe R + Q moves to their south building after flooring is done for above deck installation.

Correct. The S and G boats are a mass assembled boat. The R and Q boats are more hand assembled. The south building was built for the Azure boat assembly. It's kind of a "skunk works" for Bennington's coolest builds today. I saw some awesome boats in there.

Love the seating and color choice! We are buying off the floor to save some money but perhaps it would have been better to order so we could have chosen exactly what we wanted. Because our Bennington is my wife's idea, something tells me I wouldn't have gotten much push-back on the options!

Rockie69 - I was on the same tour as Goldnrod24 and asked about this.  I was told that they put a small amount of pressure in at the neckfiller to test for air leaks.  I asked why they would wait to do this until AFTER the fuel tank was on board.  It seemed to me that it would be more difficult to remove a bad tank then.  They told me they wanted to test the entire system for leaks - maybe the tube running from the filler neck to the tank leaked.   So this was the best time to test the entire system, which make sense.

As a follow up I asked if they found a leak on the gas tank if they would epoxy the hole in the tank so they didn't have to remove it and they said no.  They didn't want to risk the repair or take the liability.  For them removing the tank at the factory and replacing it with a new one was much easier and safer.

We felt very fortunate to get to go on this tour and felt so much better about spending the money we did on a Bennington.  This is no sales hype, as I would call a spade a spade on this forum.   The quality of craftsmanship and the way things are done are really impressive to see in person.   AND, of course, we got to have Goldnrod24 on our tour which made it even better because we got to see an excited owner see his boat on the line.   I have to admit that was pretty cool to see someones boat on the line when they were there in person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great! 

Maybe I missed an earlier post explaining it but what's the difference between an SLX and the SLX Premium?!?

Looks great! 

Maybe I missed an earlier post explaining it but what's the difference between an SLX and the SLX Premium?!?

The Premium has upgraded seats (G-like). The bases are improved, too. They don't have the cheap, rotocast bare look with the scallops like the base S boats.

The Premium also has an improved helm with a weird leather band along the top, which I presume hides some kind of seam.

The Premium boats also have a chrome "Premium" badge under the side logos.

This package is the only reason I was willing to buy an S boat. IMHO it really upgrades the S boat over the base model.

We felt very fortunate to get to go on this tour and felt so much better about spending the money we did on a Bennington.  This is no sales hype, as I would call a spade a spade on this forum.   The quality of craftsmanship and the way things are done are really impressive to see in person.   AND, of course, we got to have Goldnrod24 on our tour which made it even better because we got to see an excited owner see his boat on the line.   I have to admit that was pretty cool to see someones boat on the line when they were there in person.

Steve: It was great meeting you and Kathy (Cathy?) and connecting with fellow Spartans. Mike is an awesome tour guide. Amazing that he was able to spend as much time with us as he did, especially during such a busy time at the factory.

You are having a cool boat built. I am looking forward to seeing photos.

Back