Operating under full carrying capacity

I always tell people when launching and docking to "keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times." They get the point -- leave the job to me and the 1st mate since we know what we're doing. We don't need people to "help" by trying to push off a piling or something and then get their hand squished or caught between the fixed object and the bimini frame (we have more vertical parts since we have the double bimini up so often).

Yeah... grandkids have assigned tasks (pulling bumpers, coiling dock lines) but there is one standard order: butts remain in contact with the seat cushion when docking or if you want to ride in the boat during loading/unloading at the ramp. No second chances.

I wasn't replying to your quote Carl, I was replying to the original poster (Tin), but your quote did remind me of that incident, and I decided it might help Tin or someone else.

I don't think we've ever told anybody where to sit as far as weight distribution is concerned. Even when someone's skiing/wakeboarding.....

I rarely have too, but my daughter and my neighbor's son (who are in the same class and they have a boat also) planned this big boating outing with all their friends and our two boats. My neighbor's boat had all the boys. Ours was full of girls. I think you can guess what happened when they pulled up along side us. All the girls wanted to talk to the boys, and I thought water was going to come in on the deck along the entire starboard fence. Weird stuff happens.

Back