Operating under full carrying capacity

Tin Diesel

Reaction score
I'm wondering how our 2575RL tritoon will operate fully loaded. We've logged about 12 hours on her so far, typically with 2-4 adult and 2 kids, in both calm and choppy conditions. I think I'm beginning to get a feel for her. My experience so far is she gets up on plane easily and is incredibly stable at 20-30 mph. She has full strakes (total of 6, two on each hull), and 260 hp I/O.

As I recall, the load capacity label says 14 people, 1950 lbs (which I assume includes fuel and cargo).

In a couple of weeks, we're taking a bunch of neighbors out on Lake Conroe for an afternoon cruise and dinner at a waterside restaurant. We could have 12 adults, but probably will have 10. I'm thinking I'll start with the 61 gallon tank half-full to save weight, but we'll probably be close to max weight (wine bottles weigh a lot). Yes, we have enough life jackets and our furniture configuration will handle that many.

Average age is probably mid-60s. One couple is 80. We won't be carving turns or looking to make high speed runs. That said, I'm sure we'll want to be on plane at times.

I'm just wondering what to expect, and what tips or precautions you might suggest.

Last edited:
We've had max capacity on our 2575RCWCP with an outboard (16). Many were kids so pretty confident we were within the weight limit too.

You will lose top speed but with your HP, will still go as fast as you will want to with all those people on board. Otherwise, will handle just fine. Be safe and enjoy your outing!

I’ve had a pretty good load on mine, although speed was reduced, it was sufficient. However, you never mentioned what engine you are running?

I've had myself, wife, daughter 10, dog 60 lbs, in laws, a brother in law, his daughter 5, rough guess about 1000+ lbs just people, a days worth of food and drinks, full fuel, standard gear. Still hit 36 and handled like a champ, these things are just flat kick ass.

I'm wondering how our 2575RL tritoon will operate fully loaded. We've logged about 12 hours on her so far, typically with 2-4 adult and 2 kids, in both calm and choppy conditions. I think I'm beginning to get a feel for her. My experience so far is she gets up on plane easily and is incredibly stable at 20-30 mph. She has full stakes (total of 6, two on each hull).

As I recall, the load capacity label says 14 people, 1950 lbs (which I assume includes fuel and cargo).

In a couple of weeks, we're taking a bunch of neighbors out on Lake Conroe for an afternoon cruise and dinner at a waterside restaurant. We could have 12 adults, but probably will have 10. I'm thinking I'll start with the 61 gallon tank half-full to save weight, but we'll probably be close to max weight (wine bottles weigh a lot). Yes, we have enough life jackets and our furniture configuration will handle that many.

Average age is probably mid-60s. One couple is 80. We won't be carving turns or looking to make high speed runs. That said, I'm sure we'll want to be on plane at times.

I'm just wondering what to expect, and what tips or precautions you might suggest.
We've boated 20 years with our Rendezvous deck boat with the same Mercruiser 5.0 liter alpha1 with same mirage prop. We NEVER experienced a significant decrease in power with a full board of people on board. Ours was rated for 13-14 people as well, and at times we had more than that many people aboard. Now we never tried to max it out, but we cruised on plane easily in the 20-30 mph range. We now have a Bennington IO that is rated for 17 people, and granted a lot more power than the old Rendezvous, but we have no trouble hitting it out of the hole and getting on plane and cruising in the 25-30 range. Don't think we've had 17 on board yet, but we've had a dozen or so! You should be just fine. Be safe and enjoy!!

BTW. We never have wine bottles aboard, but always a cooler or 2 of ice cold beer!!

With 260HP you will be fine. You will feel it sluggish compared to your regular load weight but I doubt anyone else on board will notice the sluggishness

My advice would be to make sure everyone doesn't sit up front. Have some sit in the back too to help with weight distribution. As the captain I've told people to move around when needed. I hear Conroe can get choppy so you want to avoid waves coming over the deck. I remember when we were there fall of 2016 there were a lot of go fast boats tearing it up.

On the big boat, the "kids" have had a total of 12 adults and they tubed. The boat will handle the load. We do have a 4 bladed prop because the hole shot and cruising while loaded were the important factors of our boating. The first time I got passed by a 22' Benny with a 200, I realized my big heavy boat was a cruizer not a sports car.

The first time I got passed by a 22' Benny with a 200, I realized my big heavy boat was a cruizer not a sports car.

Sounds like a challenge to me! Time to strip all the furniture and excess weight. That thing will be a rocket!

As the captain I've told people to move around when needed. I hear Conroe can get choppy so you want to avoid waves coming over the deck.

I can hear you now,... "hey Jessie, Marlene, and Peggy... you three are JUST TOO FAT to sit on one side. I need one of you over there, one over here, and one in the back of the boat. Now, don't make me have to tell you again!" :D

Last edited:
LOL! One of my sons is a big boy!!! 265lbs or more (I don't ask - he's 37). I was teaching him how to drive the Bennington and how to trim it... after that, I never even had to mention where to sit. Now he always sits athwart or astern of the skipper!
As for the neighbors, I think I'll let them sit where they want and adjust my speed and trim to match!

I can hear you now,... "hey Jessie, Marlene, and Peggy... you three are JUST TOO FAT to sit on one side. I need one of your over there, one over here, and one in the back of the boat. Now, don't make me have to tell you again!" :D

I use a caddle prod!

My son-in-law is a bog boy too. I have never hesitated to have him swap seats with someone. He knows he's not tinker bell.

I'm wondering how our 2575RL tritoon will operate fully loaded. We've logged about 12 hours on her so far, typically with 2-4 adult and 2 kids, in both calm and choppy conditions. I think I'm beginning to get a feel for her. My experience so far is she gets up on plane easily and is incredibly stable at 20-30 mph. She has full strakes (total of 6, two on each hull), and 260 hp I/O.

Glad to here your able to use your pontoon, I’m in Oshkosh Wisconsin, we just got punched with 16” of snow on our lake and the bay froze over again.
Last year was are first season with our G25 GPD, we love how are ESP hull handles with just my wife and I and fully loaded. I think your 2575RL is going too handle great. The only suggestion I would have is when your at full capacity in the pontoon is to keep a good distance from large wake boats, cabin cruisers and large speed boats. The fronts of our pontoons are very subseptable to waves and even more so when were fully loaded.
My first experience with a loaded pontoon boat did not turn out so good for us, the boat handled great, but, as we where coming off plane to drive under a hwy bridge multible boats where waiting for 35’ cabin cruiser coming through the bridge, he did a hole shot 30-40’ in front of us and we got hit by a 4’ wake, cell phones and drinks on the floor, people flying out of seats wet and it damaged the front of my pontoon paneling. Ive become a very defensive driver.
Have a great season.

I don't think we've ever told anybody where to sit as far as weight distribution is concerned. Even when someone's skiing/wakeboarding.....

Be on guard for someone to say "come look at this!" and everyone goes over to one side of the boat. Happens more often with a boat full of teenagers, but even they (skinny as they are) can tilt the boat pretty good. You don't want anyone getting hurt.

I will ask someone to move to even the load. My biggest pet peeve is when pulling up to a dock and everyone gets up to help. I will ask for help if I need it.

One time a guy jumped off our boat to the dock before we tied up. It sent our boat so far from the dock, I had to back up and reapproach the dock. Thankfully there wasn't a boat in the slip next to me. Noobs do stuff they shouldn't, even if they mean no harm. It's the captain's duty to let them know what they should and should not do.

I wasn't talking about noobs.

Back