Opinions Needed

djackson

Reaction score
I am looking for opinions looking at 2 different toons for purchase in the near future who like to hear your pros/cons to the choices.

-2013 Sweetwater Premium Edition 220SL

Total Tritoon pkg, 150 Yahama

Raised Helm, built in Depth/fish finder

-2014 Bennington 24SLX

Express Tritoon pkg, 150 Mercury

SS prop

In floor storage, G series helm seat 

You're on a Bennington website, and it's full of Bennie enthusiasts.  They'll tell you to go with the Bennie.  I prefer the Yamaha F150, but the Mercury appears to be comparable in performance.

But I don't think the center storage is available on the Express Tube.

We looked at all the brands before buying a Bennington and were always drawn to the quality. The company is first class and takes care of their customers after the sale. Did you compare the warranty yet? Bennington has an industry leading 7 year bow to stern on everything from the carpet up. Deck down is lifetime. That is great peace of mind in my opinion. Bennington's also hold their value. I sold my 2013 after a season of use for what I paid for it. Good luck on your purchase and hopefully we'll see you around on here soon.

BENNINGTON!!!!!!!!

Look at the small details and I think the decision will be easy.

Sweetwater? No comparison. Case closed.

Bennington

What color are they?

Last edited by a moderator:
This past Saturday, the wife and I walked through a businesses "RV and Boat" sale at an arena. They were selling HF, they only had maybe 10 pontoons there, priced between $20-60k depending on motor. We walked through and not ONE looked to have the richness and quality of the Bennington. Granted we were comparing our RCW's to them, but I still would have taken our GLi over them. The biggest thing was the seating material and helm layout/material. They just seemed cheaper. Now as I stated,  none of these were their top of the line, all the bells and whistles boats, but you would think there would have been one that drew you to it a little. I had to laugh because a bunch of them had sold tags on them and I thought to myself, man these people are going to kick themselves if they go into the city in a couple weeks and see the Benningtons! 

Those sold signs could be the old "ghost" sale trick. Just like a "ghost" bidder at an auction. It makes it seem to appear they are selling fast so you better grab one.

Go Bennington. Do you want a Chevy or a Cadillac. They both get you there, one just does it with better quality and style. With Bennington, you don't get what you pay for, YOU GET MORE !!!

I was bored ,so I just went on the sweetwater build site .

I tried to get close to my order ,not  possible .

I can add a fire extinguisher option for $75.00 .( list ) 

I cannot believe that a Fire Extinguisher is optional !

Like Dave said "With Bennington, you don't get what you pay for, YOU GET MORE !!! "

I don't think it is a Chevy Cadillac comparison, More like Yugo Cadillac.

Bennington, nuff said !!!

I went and looked at the Godfrey Forum site, we are much better looking owners :)

I didn't see the forum ,did the poster of this question "djackson" also post it there ?

Curious if they gave Bennington a bad rap 

Update ,I just looked ,I saw nothing there .

I see they have a classified ,I wonder If I should list my trade in ? :lol:

We have a ton of Sweetwaters on our chain of lakes because of a nearby marina dealer that sells them.  They just look very plain to me.  I Agree with everyone else on here....get the Bennington.

Didnt post on sweetwater board lending towards bennington as is to why I posted here lol. I have the chance to get a dealer demo 2012 2275 GCW with 4 hrs on it still considered new with full 7 yr warranty and 5 year motor warranty. Supposed to try to check it out tomorrow.

Back