Please help with colours and options

Ha ha . That's one heck of a boat but we're set on a swingback. Plus, my buddy that I share a dock with has a RCW and I don't want to be accused of copying him :)

Ha ha . That's one heck of a boat but we're set on a swingback. Plus, my buddy that I share a dock with has a RCW and I don't want to be accused of copying him :)
Pretty sure you mean one upping him! Haha

Lol. Exactly :)

You honestly cannot go wrong with the color combinations you are considering. Every one of them looks fantastic!

We have the exterior side illumination, but realistically its not like we see it when its on, so it would be easy to save $ on and add later.

We do like all the interior RGB lighting. Our kids thank it is really cool. However, we rarely have used it because we haven't done as much evening/night boating.

I think for the cost, the fancy lighting options should be considered against one's expected use: will or wont we do much evening boating?
Question on the side illumination: At night, can you actually see it from the boat?

Question on the side illumination: At night, can you actually see it from the boat?
You can see it, the darker out it is the better you can see it. The mood lighting inside the boat is a better option in my opinion.

Exterior lighting is illegal after dark. Thus a condundrum. While its light out, or twilight, you cannot see your own exterior lighting. If dark out, you can see it a little bit, but then your are violating the law and open to a possible stop or ticket. Also, you cannot see it all that well. The exterior lighting, and we have it, is really for the ohhs and ahhs of others, and not without risk.

Interior lighting is really the only one you see well. The interior RGB lighting is very cool. We like it. If I had to do it over, I may have saved some $ on the exterior lighting and just stuck with the interior lighting.

I disagree, my boat came with all possible lighting options and I had additional added. I love the exterior lights and when we cruise with neighbors at night everyone likes to look over the side of the boat and watch the waves glow as the boat cuts through the water

I see people running with their side led lights on all the time way into dark. No one has been stopped that I know of.

Exterior lighting is illegal after dark. Thus a condundrum. While its light out, or twilight, you cannot see your own exterior lighting. If dark out, you can see it a little bit, but then your are violating the law and open to a possible stop or ticket. Also, you cannot see it all that well. The exterior lighting, and we have it, is really for the ohhs and ahhs of others, and not without
Interior lighting is really the only one you see well. The interior RGB lighting is very cool. We like it. If I had to do it over, I may have saved some $ on the exterior lighting and just stuck with the interior lighting.
We called and talked directly to our county sheriff that patrols our lake and he said it isn't illegal as long as it doesn't interfere with navigation lights (no red, green or flashing lights)

We called and talked directly to our county sheriff that patrols our lake and he said it isn't illegal as long as it doesn't interfere with navigation lights (no red, green or flashing lights)

This is a gray area and there are pleanty of folks on here that have been stopped in various states including me. If you do not mind getting stopped (typically it just gives them a reason to stop you) then you should be fine, I did not mind as I typically do not drink. I have never recieved a ticket, but I have been "warned" multiple times. I liked my side lights and I would get them again and use them. It's sort of like having tinted windows in a state that makes them illegal. Usually LEO turns the other way, but if they feel like pulling you over, brrp, brrp, there's the reason. Below is a HUGE image of a sticker on my 2013 when I got them installed at the factory.

full

Seems pretty clear to me! :)

I see people running with their side led lights on all the time way into dark. No one has been stopped that I know of.

I've run with my red ones on my last boat into the after dark hours, at concerts and fireworks on the water. There were LEO swarming all around during those times, but they don't seem to care about something as trivial as decoration on your boat. I guess they seem to think there are far more important things to be concerned with. But then, every state has a lake where there is a Barney Fife just waiting to find something wrong with your boat. I haven't put them on my new boat, but they are coming.

Back