Pontoon improvements syndrome..think I've got it.

fiddlebick

Reaction score
I think I am afflicted by "pontoon improvement syndrome".  This winter I have added a new DUAL stereo, Alpine universal head unit amp, (which I recommend highly) Alpine marine speakers,  bought a spare tire and rim from etrailer, added a second battery and charging relay, bought a drive on "trailer lift" for the day when I have a flat, a new Garmin 550c fish finder, transom retractable ratchet straps, and led light strips from shoreline marine.  Next will be the underwater lights, and perhaps that third toon I am dreaming about.

I'm not going to say it :blink:

bought a drive on "trailer lift" for the day when I have a flat,
Bought one for the boat we take to Canada.  Stored in a really good spot for the trip.  The next year I could not remember where I stored it.  Took two years to find it.  I had put in the big orange bag that stores all the extra vests to make us legal if we have a maximum load on the boat.  

pontoon improvement syndrome society

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha ...... You guys crack me up ....... :)

Jack M, love the pix.....I grew up in MI and went to school at Mich Tech (we're not right).....now I live in Ala....if they only knew how crazy/desperate we get when spring is just around the corner.

Fiddlebick- ambitious!! However, I've only had my Benny for a month and I too already have a list I can't afford....is a 3rd toon possible as aftermarket?

There have been a few members that have added the Express Tube package .

Here are two of the links .If I am not mistaken they are ordered through your dealer who will need you hull I.D. to order .

It has been a very long winter in Michigan .

Jack M, love the pix.....I grew up in MI and went to school at Mich Tech (we're not right).....now I live in Ala....if they only knew how crazy/desperate we get when spring is just around the corner.

Fiddlebick- ambitious!! However, I've only had my Benny for a month and I too already have a list I can't afford....is a 3rd toon possible as aftermarket?

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/3486-adding-the-express-tube-package-do-i-need-middle-trailer-bunks/?hl=%2Bexpress+%2Btube

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/3018-follow-my-new-adventure-i-am-adding-an-express-tube-to-my-2275-rli/?hl=%2Bexpress+%2Btube

I think I am afflicted by "pontoon improvement syndrome".  This winter I have added a new DUAL stereo, Alpine universal head unit amp, (which I recommend highly) Alpine marine speakers,  bought a spare tire and rim from etrailer, added a second battery and charging relay, bought a drive on "trailer lift" for the day when I have a flat, a new Garmin 550c fish finder, transom retractable ratchet straps, and led light strips from shoreline marine.  Next will be the underwater lights, and perhaps that third toon I am dreaming about.
Looks like we have a new disease.  PIS.  The good news is it's not quite as fatal (financially) as PADS.

Looks like we have a new disease.  PIS.  The good news is it's not quite as fatal (financially) as PADS.

I am thinking so many things right now . :eek:

I'm sure new people coming to this forum for the first time just scratch their heads at what they read. So owners pis on their boats?

Um, no?

Well, when you think about it, many of my project money is spent on necessities.  I really needed a way to easily lift the boat trailer in case of a flat, of course I needed a spare tire and wheel, and 2 batteries with a switch is a must in my book. Even the lighting project will be necessary for night time enjoyment. I must say the retractable ratchet straps are well worth the money...permanently bolted to the trailer, and easy to strap the boat down in just a few seconds. 

You invested in the right motor.  The trick to the Express Tube is having strakes to get your nosecones out of the water.  Trimming the hull is where you get the speed and fuel mileage improvements.  Of course, the other positive is the ability to handle much heavier loads. 

PIS PADS, lmao sounds like something you by for kids elderly or even pets. HAHAHAHA

I am sure it will catch once I get the toon back in the driveway and start prepping her for the first dip in the water. 

Well that didn't take long. I have been back on the forum for two days and now have over 300.00 in my overton.com shopping cart.  :blink:   :wacko:

1. Retractable transom tie downs

2. Spare Tire mount

3. Spare Tire and Rim

4. Spare Tire cover

Luckily, I haven't bought them yet. :) Just making a list, so good looking out sir. Much appreciated!!!

Back