Pontoon lift 2 bunks flat ok?

Acrossit

Reaction score
Just had a new pontoon lift installed and the installer is very experienced. Anyway I have a Bennington 22sl and he provided 2 flat bunks that are 12 feet long. Will this be ok and will the flat bunks crush the upside down small triangle on the bottom of the toons? Thanks

image.jpeg

The keel should be fine. They set the boats flat on the parking lot with a small piece of wood in each corner and they are fine. I would want my bulkheads to all be at touch points though.

For as little as it costs, I'd throw a third board on for the center toon to sit on. 

Not a problem at all.  I have a Tritoon and have 3 flat bunks just like that.

The lift was the best money spent after the Benny that is. And Scott1 is absolutely correct having a bunk under each pontoon. Also, if the water is brackish. The tubes themselves should not be in contact directly with the bunks,could possibly cause corrosion in time. Enjoy the boat and lift this summer.

Future case of PADS suspected

I have a question, what is the wire hanging between the posts? If that's power it sure isn't safe.

What keeps the cradle from swaying like a mother in winds?

It doesn't move that much.

Are you putting a roof on it?!?

Just had a new pontoon lift installed and the installer is very experienced. Anyway I have a Bennington 22sl and he provided 2 flat bunks that are 12 feet long. Will this be ok and will the flat bunks crush the upside down small triangle on the bottom of the toons? Thanks

View attachment 1270
How did they attach the bunks to the cradle?

Back