Pontoon Thruster- PDB

Jack M

Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
They have made pontoon boat trolling motors.  And some have GPS in them where you can run a course, turn around and run it again backwards.  You can also get a pontoon trolling motor that has a wireless remote control--usable while you walk around.

Trolling motors will retract up on the deck of the boat--not causing any water drag, etc.

My only question would be......is that strong enough to navigate a pontoon boat in a strong current or crosswind that they talk about in their advertisement?!?

They have made pontoon boat trolling motors.  And some have GPS in them where you can run a course, turn around and run it again backwards.  You can also get a pontoon trolling motor that has a wireless remote control--usable while you walk around.

Trolling motors will retract up on the deck of the boat--not causing any water drag, etc.
Yes, but I was suggesting someone make one that doesn't retract up onto the deck. One that stays underneath like this. I'm not aware of any that do that. 

At $4600 + $600 for the joystick you can have it.  I would rather spend that money on other goodies for my boat.  Doesn't put a lot of confidence in me when I see on their pricing page replacement motor kits for sale either

Yes, but I was suggesting someone make one that doesn't retract up onto the deck. One that stays underneath like this. I'm not aware of any that do that.
That would be perfect. There was a thread a few years back about somebody that mounted a hitch receiver under the bow of the boat which then projected forward when the modified hitch/ platform was inserted. The plate was then mounted to the hitch contraption so that there was no plate on the floor of the bow and it was removeable. I'll try and find it.

That would be perfect. There was a thread a few years back about somebody that mounted a hitch receiver under the bow of the boat which then projected forward when the modified hitch/ platform was inserted. The plate was then mounted to the hitch contraption so that there was no plate on the floor of the bow and it was removeable. I'll try and find it.
I've seen that and would love to do the same, but I don't even know where to start on getting a piece like that fabricated or what it would take. 

Here it is: http://www.pontoonforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16178

I like the recessed hitch mount idea. I would want aluminum though so it wouldn't rust and would save weight.

At $4600 + $600 for the joystick you can have it.  I would rather spend that money on other goodies for my boat.  Doesn't put a lot of confidence in me when I see on their pricing page replacement motor kits for sale either
Can't believe it cost that much, I'm on a windy lake and I always drop my trolling motor to help with docking, can't afford a mistake as my neighbor just parked a brand new Bently beside me. It is a cool idea though, just way over cost.

I recommend you go full speed into the Bently and sink it. I hate that brand.

Last edited by a moderator:
I needed an excuse to hire a bikini clad dock girl.  I'll just show the price tag to my wife and I'm in!

Back