Porta potti questions

Accually the SLX does not have a lounger in the back and the change room is fairly high. I suppose the reason for the high cost is that it has a holding tank, is plumbed to the outside for disposal at the marina, and the repositioning of the battery box and cover. Otherwords (labor cost). I personally don't need it, but the ladies probably wouldn't do without it (you have to satisfy the ladies) it took me forever to talk the wife into buying it. Especially after the 4 wheeler and the Harley, which I just sold. Just wanted to know if any other dealers offer this, I don't like the price either.

Thanks

I ordered the standard porta potti with our new GCW but I am going to purchase the clean waste system. I have used the standard porta potti on the Crownline we just got rid of and as it worked just fine, it was me in charge of emptying it and that was no fun. I tried the rule of however uses it empties it but that never seemed to work. In my opinion, the added cost of the clean waste system is well worth the money for the convenience and not dealing with chemicals and cleaning the porta potti. If anything I will charge People for using the clean waste bags......

Accually the SLX does not have a lounger in the back and the change room is fairly high. I suppose the reason for the high cost is that it has a holding tank, is plumbed to the outside for disposal at the marina, and the repositioning of the battery box and cover. Otherwords (labor cost). I personally don't need it, but the ladies probably wouldn't do without it (you have to satisfy the ladies) it took me forever to talk the wife into buying it. Especially after the 4 wheeler and the Harley, which I just sold. Just wanted to know if any other dealers offer this, I don't like the price either.

Thanks
You are correct on the SLX not having the rear lounger. My bad.

A PP was the only feature my wife insisted upon. That's how we settled on the RLi, nice big enclosure in the stern and plenty of room.

I was just having this conversation yesterday with Bennington's Customer Service Manager, Mike, about all the new floor plans and the compromises that are being made to fit in a space for a PP. I can't image any woman wanting to use a PP that's mounted forward, up where the party action is taking place. Some of my women passengers ask me to turn up the stereo when they are using the facilities and they are at the very stern end of the boat. Women!

PPs are not fun to empty. I try to do it often. Once, I took a bunch of my wife's friends on a wine cruise and the 5 of them filled it right up. As I carried it from the boat to be emptied, it leaked and splashed all over my shirt and pants. Gross.

To the original question, I bought a bottle of blue stuff from West Marine. Works good.

My porta potty is 16,000 acres in size.

You need to use it, you jump in. I can throw you an inner tube if needed. The boat ladder is used to get back in the boat.

If you need to use #2, just let me know. I can usually be home in 15- 20 minutes, and we actually have inside plumbing at the fish camp.

We use a Luggable Loo on our RLi. Beats driving back to marina every time. Small garbage bags, little kitty litter, tie up end of day, drop in garbage, good to go till next trip out. $20 plus litter and $2-5 gallon bucket from Lowes.

**edit** Cabelas has it for $19.99 now .... http://www.cabelas.c...CFQZV4AodJi4A0A

s7_515746_999_01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Notice all the different solutions with each person thinking they have the best solution and they do--FOR THEMSELVES. Now I better understand why Bennington offers so many models and options, because each boater has a different need that requires a different solution to satisfy their needs.

I am in the commercial phone business selling PBX's. At one time a number of years ago, colors other than the basic black or white phones were the rage. All the manufacturers offered red, blue and other designer colors. After a while they started dropping the colors and returned to only offering black and white. I spoke with a rep about it and he explained that the manufacturing costs in providing different colors as well as the inventory costs were too great of a burden that would result in price increases and although it was attractive to offer the end user a variety of colors in the end the demand just did not support it.

When I first looked at the Bennington line up I applied the same concept to them and wondered just how much less I could have spent if Bennington only offered a couple of choices in design and model with the Henry Ford concept "Any color as long as it's black". Mass production definitly will drive down the cost. I do realize that Bennington is a build on demand rather than an inventory cocept which does help the bottom line but too many options must result in higher cost.

Now I understand the reason; always thought the build section on the web site was so confusing and it must be just as hard for Bennington to maintain it but it is the individual choices that in part makes them Bennington.

We use a Luggable Loo on our RLi. Beats driving back to marina every time. Small garbage bags, little kitty litter, tie up end of day, drop in garbage, good to go till next trip out. $20 plus litter and $2-5 gallon bucket from Lowes.

**edit** Cabelas has it for $19.99 now .... http://www.cabelas.c...CFQZV4AodJi4A0A

View attachment 465
Personally, I liked the idea behind the Lugable Loo when I first saw it. Very practical, easy to clean, cheap, simple, durable... But, it was too tall to fit under the lounger (or anywhere else) on our SSL.

So, I copied it by cutting a 5-gallon bucket down to size so it would fit under the lounger. I used the part I cut off as the upper section (turned over upside down) and the rest of the bucket is the lower section. You snake the bag in between the two sections so your weight when you sit on it holds the bag in place. Some of you have seen this before as I posted it a long time ago, but here are the pics...

http://s1139.beta.ph...fromLegacy=true

Saw it before but really well done Kaydano

Thanks Link. I sent the link to Luggable Loo asking if they wanted to license the idea from me, but I never heard back. Probably needs a lid and handle upgrades before they would be interested.

That's pretty cool. Might have to try that but use my Luggable lid ..... Little more compact.

That's hilarious!!!

Unless you are serious.

My neighbor (RIP) used to always say "You don't buy beer, you rent it." So, with that little, uh, device, do you refill the empty bottle it originally came in???

Back