Post up your other toys or hobbies ..... AGAIN

New toy I picked up today. They’ve been in Asia since 2014. Released in the states this year and hard to find in my area. Honda XR150L. Wanted something to putt around on. Definitely more gas conscious than my HEMI. :p
That’s the salesman in the pic … not me. ;)

View attachment 34477View attachment 34478
Did not know Honda was importing them. I have been off a bike for almost 16 years now. I might be interested into one of these. I am 6' 1", worried about the size being to small.

Cool little bike. I had a 650L at one point. Be careful though, I got hit 20 years ago (Friday, June 13th, 2003) by a 40’ stakebed that came over the double yellows. Nearly killed me. 10 surgeries to put me back together. Bragging only because I’m still here, . I just “ celebrated” my 20 year anniversary but still stay home whenever Friday the 13th comes up.

Those new hondas are great. Watched a ton of YouTube videos on them recently. Bargain as well
Yup. $2K cheaper than TW200. I had one and like this better. More of a full size bike. I felt like a kid in the TW.

Did not know Honda was importing them. I have been off a bike for almost 16 years now. I might be interested into one of these. I am 6' 1", worried about the size being to small.
Check out the FB group. Very popular. I’m 5’10 and 220-ish and cruise at 55. Pushing it on flat 60-65. Tucked 68 mph … lol!!!

Cool little bike. I had a 650L at one point. Be careful though, I got hit 20 years ago (Friday, June 13th, 2003) by a 40’ stakebed that came over the double yellows. Nearly killed me. 10 surgeries to put me back together. Bragging only because I’m still here, . I just “ celebrated” my 20 year anniversary but still stay home whenever Friday the 13th comes up.

Yeah you never know but I pretty much stay to back/side roads. Minimal highway (only when needed and no traffic). You just never know when your times gonna be up. We had a guy on highway killed when tandems came off a trailer, jumped the concrete cattle chute barrier and hit the windshield. Never knew what hit him. Another FB friend lost a friend who got killed on his bike headed to work on his retirement day! :-(
Im careful but I’m also living life!!! My brother never took chances, always lived on the “safe side” and died at 62. I’m going out saying “holy sh** what a ride”!!

I rode when younger. Dirt bikes as a young kid, and then my own street motorcycle in college. Got rid of my Honda Nighthawk when we had our first kid in our 20’s. Always thought I would eventually get another motorcycle.

After my dad and step mom were killed 8 years ago on an afternoon ride by an inattentive utility worker who turned into them looking for an address, I swore off them. Haven’t had the itch since.

I can appreciate others having it though, as I did for about 20 years during that gap without one. I try to scratch that itch with the snowmobiles, and when able again our jet ski, these days.
I’m o sorry for your loss of your parents. I can’t imagine. Sadly people just don’t see bikes or are easily distracted. I watch them and their car and am very attentive to my escape route. Whether that’s ready to lay it down, or jump off pegs … I know I won’t win but I try to be as attentive as possible. First day out was 4 deer on road and groundhog right across in front of me. Thought I had him. I was instantly off the seat and strong arming the bars ready for the jump. Somehow i missed him but don’t know how.

Yeah you never know but I pretty much stay to back/side roads. Minimal highway (only when needed and no traffic). You just never know when your times gonna be up. We had a guy on highway killed when tandems came off a trailer, jumped the concrete cattle chute barrier and hit the windshield. Never knew what hit him. Another FB friend lost a friend who got killed on his bike headed to work on his retirement day! :-(
Im careful but I’m also living life!!! My brother never took chances, always lived on the “safe side” and died at 62. I’m going out saying “holy sh** what a ride”!!

20230506_151741.jpg

A buddy and coworker passed a while back and they had this quote on the back, he always used to say it, makes me smile and tear up at the same time!

So I love the dual sport, but I figured out sometimes I need a little get up and go. Not concerned with hitting 160 mph. I do like the thrill of 0-60 in a tad over 5 seconds though …. So I have one for putting around and one to get somewhere a little faster … twisty back roads are a little more fun now too.
;)

71164919284__560EDE8D-6F78-408F-BAE1-2535BED1F63B.jpegIMG_4490.jpeg

So I love the dual sport, but I figured out sometimes I need a little get up and go. Not concerned with hitting 160 mph. I do like the thrill of 0-60 in a tad over 5 seconds though …. So I have one for putting around and one to get somewhere a little faster … twisty back roads are a little more fun now too.
;)

View attachment 34675View attachment 34676
Oh man looks like too much fun!!!

Oh man looks like too much fun!!!
If you like the thrill of acceleration, this bike does that. I‘m not one to cruise at 100 or do wheelies so 85-90 is plenty for me. Remember my boat tops out at 10mph and I’m happy. :p

And I did it. Couldn’t resist. :p
21 Harley Iron 883 with 1200 miles on the clock.
Just finished my safety course yesterday and got my official “M” endorsement after 40 years.

IMG_4759.jpegIMG_4763.jpegIMG_4767.jpeg

A few photos from my son's WWII photo shoot at Muskegon Michigan. They did a WWII Iwo Jima landing. The famous pic looks pretty close to the original. Mitch was using the BAR vs the M1garand this time around

Attachments

• Beach BAR.png
    Beach BAR.png
    751.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Beach landing.jpg
    Beach landing.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 6
  • Iwo Jima.jpg
    Iwo Jima.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 6
more photos from the Muskegon photo shoot of a WWI Pacific beach landing with my son using our M1918 BAR

Attachments

• BAR on point 2.jpg
    BAR on point 2.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 4
  • BAR on point.jpg
    BAR on point.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 3
  • BAR on the beach black and white.jpg
    BAR on the beach black and white.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Beach landing BAR 1.jpg
    Beach landing BAR 1.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 3
  • beach landing.jpg
    beach landing.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Casulty.jpg
    Casulty.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Marine beach charge 2.jpg
    Marine beach charge 2.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Marine beach charge.jpg
    Marine beach charge.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Marines on the beach.jpg
    Marines on the beach.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Patrol.jpg
    Patrol.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Wounded.jpg
    Wounded.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 3
This is my current hobby as it seems to take up all my free time since we're acting as the general contractor. Broke ground at the end of September on our "forever" house, rough-in started this week.View attachment 34043.
House 9.20.23.jpg
Figured I'd post an update. We moved into the house in late August.

Back