Power Bimini Support Brackets

kkarner

Reaction score
I ordered the power bimini and it only has the small trailering support post.   When the bimini is raised in the up position with the boot on everything is fine.   When you want to open the bimini and remove the boot there is no support bracket and the back to rails of the bimini fall down and crash on top of the back seats and whomever might be seated there.   Does anyone else see this as a bad design?    You need to have a support bracket that you can snap into place prior to removing the boot.

I have contracted the dealer thinking that my support bracket was missing and Bennington says the power bimini supposedly has none.   Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

But then you would have to have the bimini up at all times or keep it in the trailering bracket.

Hopefully someone will post that has one, but on my manual one, the boot is on the bimini unless I intent to open/extend it.  If no boot, then the bimini is open/extended.  The boot will keep it all together when up, but not extended.  When you want to use it, lower, remove bimini boot and then lift to open and extend.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just put a short velcro'd strap on mine. It's never really been a problem for us in use though.

Wow, that's nice.  Do you have to have the mooring cover customized to accommodate this bimini top

Wow, that's nice.  Do you have to have the mooring cover customized to accommodate this bimini top
Mine came from the factory, so yes it's specific to the power bimini with fewer openings(2).

Back