Preparing for Benny Order

I am sure you're an expert in that area.

Build date 4/22 dealer confirmed I can still tweak for a few weeks, next question I am stewing over...

I have the KMC10 head-unit and Kicker Upgraded speakers, but am debating on if the sub/amp is worth it. Nothing worse than bass from an underpowered poor sub. Any positive experience with the KMC10 sum/amp upgrade? I want to have solid sound whipping around in my 200.

Thx

Build date 4/22 dealer confirmed I can still tweak for a few weeks, next question I am stewing over...

I have the KMC10 head-unit and Kicker Upgraded speakers, but am debating on if the sub/amp is worth it. Nothing worse than bass from an underpowered poor sub. Any positive experience with the KMC10 sum/amp upgrade? I want to have solid sound whipping around in my 200.

Thx
We have the same KMC10 sub/amp upgrade and are very happy with it. We probably over paid and could have done it cheaper on our own or aftermarket, but we bought ours out of the showroom and did not have a choice in the matter. Besides, I'm not very handy or comfortable working with electronics, and it was much easier having it already installed. We love the 8 speaker layout. The music off the back of the boat as we are coving out is a very nice addition, and sounds great!

She gets delivered in next 2 weeks, I will be posting pictures shortly thereafter as a thankyou for all your help. I will need to make another decision regarding grill location. Since I have the dinette model with the Stern bar top, it makes sense to mount the grill on the rear deck, although this would prevent ever being able to install a diving board as the other side of rear deck is ladder. Installing on the bow would be the alternative option but no bar to sit grill items on...1st world problems, I know, but what are your suggestions for grill mount, stern vs bow?

Thanks again.

We actually keep our grill in a storage bag and when we're ready to use it we have a mat that we put on the table. A number of folks have mounted their grills but we just didn't seem to have a good place to do that. Maybe I can post a picture of our set up over the weekend. Or you might just search "grill" for some ideas.

First, we do not have a grill ourselves - so not speaking from experience. However, the reason we didn’t get one is I didn’t want grease or fire possibilities just attached to the boat most of the time. I like Michiman’s advice above. If you have the setup, just go for a good camping grill that looks fairly safe, keep it bagged up and stowed away, and just get it out when you need it. That’s my inexperienced 2 cents. ;)

Last edited:
20190508_112842.jpg 20190508_123952.jpg 20190508_124002.jpg Took delivery today, needless to say I am thrilled. A few pics as a thankyou to this forum as I educated myself on how to build my last boat first - thankyou!

Attachments

• 20190508_124031.jpg
    20190508_124031.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 16
KT, she's a real beauty! So, are you going to mount your grill or just set it on the galley when it's time to cook?

KT, she's a real beauty! So, are you going to mount your grill or just set it on the galley when it's time to cook?
Haven't decided yet, leaning towards the removable mounting pole on the back edge.

A beautiful boat. Congratulations on finally getting it. I hope you enjoy many outings with friends and family on it.

Haven't decided yet, leaning towards the removable mounting pole on the back edge.
The more I think about this, I am going just use it in the rear bar when needed so I can put in the lily pad diving board!

I added the Lillipad diving board last summer. A bit pricy but really well designed and built. We love it.

As an FYI, all Evinrude G2 (150-300hp) are standard with digital controls, they don't offer analog/cable. They come with integrated power steering meaning its on the motor (same as your car, 1 finger steering). The difference between that and aftermarket is no sound from a pump and you will have true power steering and not hydraulic steering. The G2 also communicates directly with with the Simrad system, so you can have all information possible about the motor through the glass display. Word has it there is an update coming to the GO5, so that you can use the auto pilot system with the Evinrude. Then if that isn't enough and you really want to see a good review of the Yamaha F200 take a look at this video. Why should you care? Go down in HP get better performance and save money on cost of motor.
I was wondering if you’re unemployed now. Hope not.

Back