Privacy enclosure

Now you just need this.

http://www.basspro.c.../product/45412/

Go to lowes, get a $3- 5 gallon bucket, some small kitchen garbage bags, and some clumping kitty litter, and you are all set !!! Just put a little litter in bag, tie it up at end of day, toss in garbage. Oh yeah, a box of soft wipes too instead of t.p., cause if you drop the roll on the wet floor, it gets really mushy .... Ask me how I know !!! LOL !!!
Bought ours this weekend :) Great solution.

We are new to all this but... I COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT THE PRIVACY ENCLOSURE!!!! We put a porta potti in there and we can fish all day and take the grandkids swimming without panic potty runs. It is the greatest!!!!!

I agree Don and Tammy, that is the main reason we choose an RL over the RCW. We placed a commode in there and use the disposable bags and when we go for sunset cruises or bar-hopping runs it is a lifesaver. I will not ever own a boat that doesn't have bathroom facilities

Finished my head upgrade.

2013-06-20_21-40-33_761_zps18b9d1c9.jpg

IMHO, the Thetford Curve 550e is the Cadillac of porta-poties. Full height, 28% larger bowl size, electric flush, integral TP holder,and swing away dump tube and pressure release button to make emptying the waste tank relatively painless. The 4 bolt mounting plate is decent too the only evidence of the mounting plate in the above pic is the gray squeeze clip at the bottom of the potty. This setup combined with the electric pump modifications to my Mini-Galley sink make me think twice about climbing the steps to the cottage when I'm just hanging out on the dock. :ph34r:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim, yours is the nicest portapotty set up I have seen, looks much better than my commode. the reason I went my way was because of dumping the sanibags in the dumpster rather than either pumping out or carrying the pee bucket to the cabin to flush down the toilet and then clean

Agree with Link....I love my RL for having the sun deck and then privacy enclosure under it and a place to put a portapotty. Plus more storage area.

That's a really nice portapotty....might have to invest in that one to replace the one I have.

Sheesh Jim, That is the king of crappers! So how long before you wire in a automatic lid lifter and closer? haha

Now you just need to mount a pumping "hand sanitizer" station nearby and it will be all set.

Derrick, thought you'd ask about a bidet, or maybe a seat warmer.

Semper, got a bottle of hand sanitizer in one of the cupholders for now. I actually bought one of these, but haven't found a good place to drill another hole in the mini-galley yet.

Premier-Faucet-552029-rw-173172-267458.jpg

Is that a Toto or a Ferguson ?

Ditto. Especially the cheapskate part. But if Link likes them, I'll try one sometime.
kaydano or anyone who wants to try. Here is a link for a free trial package, just pay $3 shipping fee: http://www.cleanwaste.com/go-anywhere-trial-pack

I'll tell you a story of how I tested these it's good for a laugh. the winter I found the info on these I got this test package. For Super Bowl Sunday my wife was away on a ski trip out west and so I decided to stay home and watch it alone. But I did it right, had a 21/2lb lobster and plenty of ice cold beer. I decided to stress test the sani bag so I set up the commode in the living room and placed the sanibag in it. I ate my lobster as the game started and proceeded to knock down a few beers. A few led to quite a few more and I stood there and started to fill that sanibag up. By the third quarter I was just sitting on that commode and watching the game there. The sanibag passed the stress test with flying colors.

Well at least you were not sitting on it WHILE EATING THE LOBSTER !!!! :)

Now that is some funny sh!+!!!!!!!!

I installed my S series privacy enclosure today during my lunch hour, from start to finish it took about an hour going nice and cautious. All that was need was a tape measure to locate preexisting holes and nuts under the fabric, a 3/16 drill bit to cut the hole or a knife, and a drill with a phillips and flathead tip. Very easy following the Bennington instructions posted in the below thread:

http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/1560-installing-a-privacy-curtain-on-a-20sl/

I didn't think we would need an enclosure until this last weekend when we were at another lake. My wife changed into her bathing suit and needed a couple extra hands to keep her covered. I'm good without one... :D

I have a enclosure on my 20SLM. Tried to put a port-a-potty in there and there was no way to get into the room with it in there. So, I moved my battery back about 8 inches (had to extend the neg battery cable) built a platform (raised the potty about 8 inches) over the wire conduit through the floor and now my wife is able now to step in turn around and do her business. Sure beats that cold Michigan water in May! This platform also give a spot to keep some other restroom essentials.

AWK

While on the subject ,does anyone have any suggestions how to plug a snap hole in the enclosure rail ?

I have 2 snaps on the rail that are off location from the factory.I don't want to move the snaps until I have way to make it look good .

While on the subject ,does anyone have any suggestions how to plug a snap hole in the enclosure rail ?

I have 2 snaps on the rail that are off location from the factory.I don't want to move the snaps until I have way to make it look good .
Small stainless or aluminum screw. Possibly a rivet. I have a couple screws on mine from same issue. No one notices but me !!! :)

If I could get some snaps to match ,I would just add them .

I will check with my dealer .

Back