Privacy enclosure

BulldogsCadillac

Just some guy
Reaction score
Wow, did you know there is a patent on the privacy enclosure? When looking at the possible new boat (2275RCW with sport tower) I found that it has NO privacy enclosure, and it isn't an option. The wife is quite disappointed by this and is even considering canceling the whole idea of selling our boat. I tried to push for the 2575RCW since it is an option on that, but since 90% of the time it is just her and I, the thought of getting an even longer boat seems silly, not to mention it is fun enough backing my boat into my narrow driveway as it is. So I started searching the topic to try to come up with an idea to remedy the issue. Anyone else have any great ideas?

Looks cool. I've had several conversations with folks about enclosures. My marching orders were, "buy whatever you want as long as it has a decent place for a porta pot". We ended up with the traditional stern lounger for that very reason.

Too bad there are no reviews of said product, but it looks like it could work just fine.

Yeah, we aren't really thinking for the potti idea, mostly just changing out of our wet clothes for the drive home

Hey Derrick, you really don't need the privacy enclosure!!! Like we say on our boat:"We are all friends" What happens on the boat stays on the boat!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow SemperFi, you give my wife some competition.

Thanks! Now just need to work on selling ours! Gotta figure it out soon or else I need to get my stereo ordered for our current boat! I don't want it to be like last year and not have a boat until the middle of July!!

Derrick, I can't belive you are seriously upgrading [but I would love to myself]

Wow SemperFi, you give my wife some competition.
Yeah, I have a knack with finding deals..... My coworkers always come to me to find them the best deals ... Especially electronics .... You gotta love the web .... BUT, sometimes the best deals are right around the corner at the Mom n Pop stores .... Low overhead, no marketing costs... etc ... They list at market price but have tons of wiggle room.

Get it here .... save some $$$$ in case you don't like it ...... We were going to get one for our "previous" baby toon, but then we got the grown up size toon ...... http://www.ebay.com/...n-/200708233696
So revisited this topic again, I noticed that the first one is actually bigger, 36x36 where as the one you found is 30x30. I think it is still big enough, but I found another site a little cheaper still

http://www.boatersland.com/tay67867.html

And I found this guy that I believe has it in the sunbrella fabric

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pontoon-bimini-top-drop-down-privacy-station-/221218672650?pt=Boat_Parts_Accessories_Gear&vxp=mtr&hash=item3381a9100a

My wife actually came up with what I think is a decent idea, not sure if it works because of seat back angle, but too bad they couldn't put the change station in the removable bow seat! Dang that would be handy!!

Just ordered my privacy enclosure today for our 22SSX. We found out very quickly how much we needed one while swimming and drinking a few beers out on the lake this week. The dealership is charging 359.00 to order it. Hopefully it is a simple 4 bolt install like they say.

My Q had a privacy enclosure under one of the rear loungers and I removed it for extra storage on the rear of the boat. I have not missed it and had a enclosed head on my previous boat and never used it in 8 years. We change in and out of swim suites on shore.

Jack

A head is better to have and not need, than to need and not have. In 15+ years of boating on our lakes, with kids and adults alike, we've had to make a few hurried trips home or to the closest marina, but got along fine without a head. Until last season that is, then we had a male adult friend jump overboard from a moving boat in traffic 50' from the marina because he couldn't hold it anymore. :rolleyes: I'll be upgrading the changing room area with a head this season. As to my friend, I had some choice words for him about jumping off my boat when moving and in traffic, but I think what really made the lesson hit home was the loss his designer sunglasses. B) Apparently his lady friend knows him better than I do, because she took away his cell phone less than 5 minutes before.

Now you just need this.

http://www.basspro.com/Luggable-Loo-Seat-and-Cover/product/45412/

Go to lowes, get a $3- 5 gallon bucket, some small kitchen garbage bags, and some clumping kitty litter, and you are all set !!! Just put a little litter in bag, tie it up at end of day, toss in garbage. Oh yeah, a box of soft wipes too instead of t.p., cause if you drop the roll on the wet floor, it gets really mushy .... Ask me how I know !!! LOL !!!

I can not live without the porti potti. That is the main reason we bought the RL rather than the RBC to have a large privacy room that will store a full size commode. We use the sani bags rather than the cat litter, it will turn up to 32 oz. of liquid to gel instantaneously and is not heavy to carry like the cat litter.

You live in Canada... Why do you need a privacy enclosure???

You live in Canada... Why do you need a privacy enclosure???
Cuz its a little awkward when we have the cousin and his wife and kids on board and let big Jim and the twins out to sway in the breeze if ya know what I mean! Haha

I can not live without the porti potti. That is the main reason we bought the RL rather than the RBC to have a large privacy room that will store a full size commode. We use the sani bags rather than the cat litter, it will turn up to 32 oz. of liquid to gel instantaneously and is not heavy to carry like the cat litter.
Not the whole container !!! LOL !!!

It would take maybe a 1/2 cup or so, just enough to put a thin layer on bottom of bag. I'm going to take a gallon container and fill it and keep on toon till I need more. That way I can keep it sealed.

I looked at those gel bags, but again, I'm a cheapskate !!!

I looked at those gel bags, but again, I'm a cheapskate !!!
Ditto. Especially the cheapskate part. But if Link likes them, I'll try one sometime.

Back