Pulling Tubes with My Pontoon

CLRD, I love the look of a small flag on the bimini light pole but thought I remember someone saying that the sound of it flapping drove them crazy and they took it off. Please give your opinion on this

We have ours on the bimini light and it's not a problem.

The mooring light mast is the cheapest thing on the boat.  Very wobbly.  Very cheap design where the bottom of the mast connects to the bimini.  Maybe older boats like Carl's have a better mast.  Mine's garbage.  I'd have already removed it if it wasn't required.

I'd never attach a flag to mine or it would probably break the mast off.

Last edited by a moderator:
CLRD, I love the look of a small flag on the bimini light pole but thought I remember someone saying that the sound of it flapping drove them crazy and they took it off. Please give your opinion on this
I have never noticed any noise, I would recommend these to anyone. 

One thing that does happen once in a while (If the clips are not squeezed tight enough on the pole)

is the clips will slide closer together if traveling at higher speeds a lot, 

just slide them apart again, not a big deal.

I run mine in the horizontal position (Like in the Pic) most of the time because a lot of the lakes we are on have bridges and if the Bimini light is up it will hit the bridge.

12 x 18 Taylor Made Deluxe sewn 50 Star Flag

Charlevoix Flag Clips

The mooring light mast is the cheapest thing on the boat.  Very wobbly.  Very cheap design where the bottom of the mast connects to the bimini.  Maybe older boats like Carl's have a better mast.  Mine's garbage.  I'd have already removed it if it wasn't required.

I'd never attach a flag to mine or it would probably break the mast off.
Sorry to hear that, I don't seem to have any issues with that, Mine seems pretty solid. Maybe you have a flawed one.

I'd have to look at it again.  I think its a hollow tube that's just riveted, or a single set screw, to the angle adjuster thing.  The hollow tube has flared out some.  Maybe someone pulled on it.  Anyway, its loose.

Kaydano, that is why I asked.  A couple of years ago my old one snapped off when my friend was towing my boat and went under an electrical wire that had fallen low [i know stupid us] I had to buy a new pole & light [$80] and when I put it on I thought this is pretty flimsy

I will try to remember to go out and look at it and snap a pic to show you.. I would assume it is the same as yours. 

If it is rivited maybe could drill it out and put some small stainless bolts through it to make it stronger and more rigid.

That was me Link......

My boat is in. A 21 SLX with a 115 Yamaha, under sheeting and strakes and the GS rear ladder and aluminum platform. I was told the rear ladder and platform would interfere with a tow bar and I couldn't have both. When I ordered, the dealer told me it was ok to hook up to the eye hooks that Bennington is now saying not to use. Now it seems that I have to install some kind of after market bar or post to tube off of. Any suggestions? I assume that I can install an after market one That won't interfere with the GS ladder and platform?

Thanks,

Dan

My mast light bent then snapped my n two. It’s 4th of July week so I temporarily duct taped it back together with a popsicle stick splint. Anyone ever replaced one? Looking for any tips?

Thx,
Jim

We put our wind sock on the base of the anchor light, and the flags on each side. E2434283-AD97-4570-901D-77C930E98F39.jpegE63827D9-9E2B-40B9-AC44-4353FD8C37B6.jpegD3BE1743-4DA4-4F36-B1D9-49E8B0360816.jpeg

My boat is in. A 21 SLX with a 115 Yamaha, under sheeting and strakes and the GS rear ladder and aluminum platform. I was told the rear ladder and platform would interfere with a tow bar and I couldn't have both. When I ordered, the dealer told me it was ok to hook up to the eye hooks that Bennington is now saying not to use. Now it seems that I have to install some kind of after market bar or post to tube off of. Any suggestions? I assume that I can install an after market one That won't interfere with the GS ladder and platform?

Thanks,

Dan

Look up Turbo Swing. I am having mine removed from my current boat and putting on my new Benny

Back