QX line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not an owner of a QX, but have one loaned to me for the last almost two months. I do prefer the Q's, something about the rails still visible. That being said the smoothness of the QX has grown on me. They do seem, for the most part to be easier to wash, other than the metal grates towards the stern. Layout and handling has been pretty much the same between the Q and the QX. Having put some good hours on both they are both great IMHO.

Hi folks! Well I drank the koolaid this weekend and decided to buy a used QX instead of the LX. I absolutely love the style of the boat. Will the QX owners chime in on their pros and cons of the boat? Thanks have a great day!
I opted out of the Q series primarily because the sloped front end shortened the front seating by enough that I could no longer use the port side as a lounger. it also reduced seating capacity, and adds almost 500 pounds to the weight. Minor items, but worth noting.

I am on my 2nd QCW. We don't mind the reduced seating and depending on model and length, no port gate.

I ave friends that have a 25 QX Arch with a 400 and a 24 LX with a 300
I'd swear the LX with the 300 out performs the QX with the 400, so the weight is indeed a penalty.

Well…clearing throat….I purchased the 2024 QXSBA today. I am soooo excited. I think I am broke now so I will have to sleep on it. She’s fricking gorgeous. Can’t wait to show it off to everyone. Hopefully it will be delivered next week. Yea for me!!!! (Sorry guys, but I am so happy)! I hope it performs well. It has the Yamaha 450 Racing engine. I’ll probably scream with joy driving her. Interesting to see about the weight issue. I’m sure she will guzzle gas.

Well…clearing throat….I purchased the 2024 QXSBA today. I am soooo excited. I think I am broke now so I will have to sleep on it. She’s fricking gorgeous. Can’t wait to show it off to everyone. Hopefully it will be delivered next week. Yea for me!!!! (Sorry guys, but I am so happy)! I hope it performs well. It has the Yamaha 450 Racing engine. I’ll probably scream with joy driving her. Interesting to see about the weight issue. I’m sure she will guzzle gas.
You are going to LOVE it - my "investment" was one of the best ever - taking the Benny out makes me just Smile, Smile, Smile. And NO regrets spending 2x my original budget! From just the wife and I to the whole family plus friends, just floating, water sports, to party barge - it can handle anything and is always ready to go. Congratulations, can't wait for pictures. Now, on to the topic of accessories........

Congratulations Julianna! Wow! The definition of “Go big or go home” has your picture on it! So, with that fame comes the responsibility to give us all the performance details once you get her out on the water.

BTW, I think there’s a number of folks that would gladly live on her…

I’m sure she will guzzle gas.
Oh, it's not too bad. ;) The 450R will only drink 37 - 43 gallons per hour at wide open throttle.

Congrats on the purchase of a gorgeous boat.

Yep ,my 250 is 28 @ Wot
LOL - I never looked at the stat: My Merc 350 is 30 Gal/hr (Picture is after Benny sat in the water for 6 weeks with rather "hairy" toons - just before cleaning. Went up to 44/45 mph after a quick scrub with the non-scratch scrub pad as we floated in a calm alcove, then lost 2mph after roto-tilling an unmarked shallow spot - B.O.A.T.).

Attachments

• 2023-09-16 12.06.25-1.jpg
    2023-09-16 12.06.25-1.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 22
Lol…you guys are killing me with these comments. I doubt I will be WOT except for break in. I had no idea this would top out at 85 mph. I guess I should be looking for a marina, to gas up again, about a mile down the coast. I’m going to be a nervous wreck breaking it in. Oh I forgot, it’s a Mercury 450R not a Yamaha which I posted earlier. Having 2 power pole anchors installed tomorrow so hopefully on the road to SWFL next week.

Hi folks! Well I drank the koolaid this weekend and decided to buy a used QX instead of the LX. I absolutely love the style of the boat. Will the QX owners chime in on their pros and cons of the boat? Thanks have a great day!
I have a QX Sport being pushed with a 400 Verado. The QX Sport is by far the heaviest boat in all of the QX Line. The extra weight does slow it down a bit but the ride is definitely superior. I can still hit 48 mph with just me in it. We love it However!

Congrats on your new boat! You will love it!

IMG_0450.jpeg

LOL - I never looked at the stat: My Merc 350 is 30 Gal/hr (Picture is after Benny sat in the water for 6 weeks with rather "hairy" toons - just before cleaning. Went up to 44/45 mph after a quick scrub with the non-scratch scrub pad as we floated in a calm alcove, then lost 2mph after roto-tilling an unmarked shallow spot - B.O.A.T.).
If/when I change the exhaust settings on the Simrad to Sport ,its 21.2 .

I have a QX Sport being pushed with a 400 Verado. The QX Sport is by far the heaviest boat in all of the QX Line. The extra weight does slow it down a bit but the ride is definitely superior. I can still hit 48 mph with just me in it. We love it However!

Congrats on your new boat! You will love it!

View attachment 34880
Absolutely gorgeous boat.

I’m really going to have to read up on Simrad and the 450R before it gets here. Familiar with Garmin but this will be new to me

What length did you get?

The true definition of a Cosmos Kramer "Giddy Up"! Enjoy!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back