QX line

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Mercury dealer called and said they were Interstate Batteries and he is replacing with the same.

He is going to install the ACR but doesn't have any in stock. So it will be a few days before the boat is ready. I'd rather wait and have that put on.

No…When turning on the boat, having everything off except Perko battery switch. Turn that to 1 or (like I and some other so 1+2), and turn on your boat at the throttle with the key. After doing that, turn on the master helm switch, and whatever accessories you want on at that point: maybe radio, or lighting if evening/nightime, etc…. Does that make better sense now?

Yeah…having a decent local dealer is huge for little (or if ever a major) snag develops. It’s really the first stop on trying to resolve something with a warranty, or minimally if out of pocket or an insurance situation, with an authorized Bennington dealer so as to have things done properly.

Proximity to a decent dealership to me is a make or break proposition to me with boats and motors. Everything’s perfectly fine :)…until suddenly it’s not. :(

Oh…so you are switching from a Perko Switch to the ACR set up Poto has mentioned in some threads. Do you mind sharing how much that is costing for part(s) and labor? I’ve always been curious on ballpark costs for that change up.

No…When turning on the boat, having everything off except Perko battery switch. Turn that to 1 or (like I and some other so 1+2), and turn on your boat at the throttle with the key. After doing that, turn on the master helm switch, and whatever accessories you want on at that point: maybe radio, or lighting if evening/nightime, etc…. Does that make better sense now?

Yeah…having a decent local dealer is huge for little (or if ever a major) snag develops. It’s really the first stop on trying to resolve something with a warranty, or minimally if out of pocket or an insurance situation, with an authorized Bennington dealer so as to have things done properly.

Proximity to a decent dealership to me is a make or break proposition to me with boats and motors. Everything’s perfectly fine :)…until suddenly it’s not. :(
Yes ty! Viking I really appreciate all of your help. I called Bennington and they gave me a name of another dealer in the area. I will have to trailer it out but they have pick up and delivery service. So I will probably start going to them and see how things work out.

Did you transfer the balance of the warranty at an authorized Bennington dealer?

Did you transfer the balance of the warranty at an authorized Bennington dealer?
I need to transfer the warranty? I haven't talked to either dealership yet. I thought the warranty would be good at Bennington dealership

If you purchased used it has to be transferred at an authorized Bennington dealer. A Mercury dealer can transfer the motor warranty. You can do a search in the upper right for the Bennington warranty statement. It explains it all.

I was going by your first post in this thread says used .
Hi folks! Well I drank the koolaid this weekend and decided to buy a used QX instead of the LX. I absolutely love the style of the boat. Will the QX owners chime in on their pros and cons of the boat? Thanks have a great day!

Well…clearing throat….I purchased the 2024 QXSBA today. I am soooo excited. I think I am broke now so I will have to sleep on it. She’s fricking gorgeous. Can’t wait to show it off to everyone. Hopefully it will be delivered next week. Yea for me!!!! (Sorry guys, but I am so happy)! I hope it performs well. It has the Yamaha 450 Racing engine. I’ll probably scream with joy driving her. Interesting to see about the weight issue. I’m sure she will guzzle gas.
Do you have a Mercury or a Yamaha ?

I have to agree that getting it to a dealer is the best solution for this string of problems on a new boat, especially since the local dealer said it had an open circuit draining your battery. I would think it is a parasitic drain to kill a battery that quickly. Maybe a short to ground somewhere. These would not likely be initial build issues that need to be sorted.

The difference in running batteries separately or on 1&2 would be dependent on the alternator which in general in this application would normally depend on engine size based on my experience. My shop services many cars with 2 batteries, starter and service, as they have some many ECUs these days.

I also run Blue Sea system Potomacbassin' mentioned on all my two battery car trailers as I want to insure the winch battery is always charged (solar panels) if I use a lot of my accessary battery while stopped. Blue Sea has many great products.

So I picked up my boat yesterday. The "mechanic" said there was nothing wrong with the boat accept 1 battery was toast. And also he didn't see any fluid once the engine was shut off. He told me just to use batteries 1+2 and it will start up without any issues. He also said I didn't need the ACR because I basically already have one installed but under a different name. So I took it out and ran the chit out of it. Got home and put the boat on the lift and was hooking up the hose to the engine....and here comes the fluid draining off the engine. I didn't smell anything like gas or power steering fluid. It's obviously there. I checked all of the fluids and they were full. I don't understand how I can see it and he didn't. I don't think he really took it out for a sea trial because it was so windy here. You can physically see it once I lift up the engine. But it ran like a champ through all of the chop. I can't figure it out. I'd prefer not to blow up in the boat!

Oh Viking...the cost of the replacement battery was $340.00. It was an interstate battery like was on previously.

Jack, since I bought the boat in S.C., I live in FL, should I send the invoice, for the battery, directly to Bennington or to the dealer in S.C.? I want to see if I can get my $340 back. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back