Rear Dinette Table

Kahlua0517

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen one of these fly out of the boat at high speed?  There's a warning label on mine that states not to operate the boat above 5 MPH with the table in place.  The table has no fasteners and is held by in place by friction.  Removing the table every time that you move the boat would be ridiculous. :rolleyes:

The optional front table has the latches but not the back, just the warning label.

And the Bimini is for under 15mph I believe so watch that too. We actually don't use our table so it sits in the basement. Seems like there would be a pin holding it though.

Ours has the push pins on the tube.

And the Bimini is for under 15mph I believe so watch that too. 
OK, I'm about to provide evidence which will void my bimini warranty, but I routinely have my rear bimini up, or both front and rear bimini up together, while going well over 15 mph (frequently 40 mph in spurts).  They are incredibly stable, unlike some other brands that I test drove and hated how much the cheap bimini frame rattled even at moderate speeds.  

I only recently noticed the tag on the biminis which say don't go over 15 mph.  That's just not realistic for us, or for anyone that wants to cruise at a speed greater than 15.  My experience shows they will hold up just fine -- at least until that one day in which they don't, and then I'll have to pay the price.

OK, I'm about to provide evidence which will void my bimini warranty, but 
Maybe a few days after this thread stops being added to, a moderator can delete my post for me.   :D   

Too late, the internets remember everything! ;-)

Haha, yes Google does! I've had my bimini up doing over 60 with no problems!  Luckily there is no speed restrictions on a tower!

Oh, and to keep on topic, are you meaning the little kidney shaped one that is midship? Mine has never been on my boat and also sits in my basement, along with my cupholders. R's have a pretty good qty of cupholders already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep on topic -- since when?   :D

Oh, OK -- 5 mph on the kidney table is indeed ridiculous.  We always leave ours in and have had no issues.  It has a pin at the bottom.  I'll look when we go out later today if there is a warning/restriction label on it.  

5 MPH?!? Ridiculous! Since we don't live on the lake we always have our table in so we can eat our meals on it. The only time I've taken it out is to clean the underside and the pole itself. Not to mention the crap that works it's way into the floor plug................

Bimini................15 MPH?!? That's funny! Never knew about the restriction.............We use it every time we go out. I'm already dark enough! Hawaiian people need shade! Ha!

I thought I was staying on topic as I was referencing speed related items with the boat some may not be familiar with. It would be nice to hear from TB as if that speed can be increased. I also heard the carpet starts on fire at 65.

Yep, the label says 5 mph max with the table and pole in.  They are just WAY too conservative when putting those restrictions on there.

Remember, it's not them, it's the lawyers .....

We also never had the table in; I sure am surprised to hear about the bimini restricted to 5mph.  Since my WOT is only mid 20's I would be curious to hear if anyone has had any problems with higher speeds.  Also does it stretch the fabric if at high speed.  I hate the look of a floppy or loose bimini when it is slowly cruising or stopped

5 for the table Link. 15 for the Bimini.

No problems Link. Just make sure the bimini struts/poles are adjusted where the fabric is tight and you will have no problem. Just loosen the black knob, adjust the strut and retighten...............and No it doesn't stretch the fabric at high speed..............

I've had the power bimini up at full tilt, no issues. Of course, just for testing purposes only  :ph34r:

Planning on going to the Gulf tomorrow with my Brother in Law from Iowa.  Will test the Bimini, as I have never even had it opened, with almost 50 hours on the boat.  Of course my WOT is about 18 mph. :)

A few photo's of the table in question.  The front table has a different mount with a locking tab.  :angry:

Back