Reception and Weather

I definitely will, Im getting quite anxious . We have been really busy and looks like a couple more weeks before I have a Saturday available.I will  have to go for a quick dip in the dirty Old Hickory so I can feel the wind in my face.  :mellow:

Had my new SSX delivered last Wednesday at Mitchell Creek. Only spent about 20 minutes out. Pretty choppy and too windy. Took me 5 shots to get it back in AA19. We noticed the new pumps.....now we won't have to go to Willow for fuel. They're extending the end of AA another 6 ft or so to accommodate April's new 100' houseboat. They plan on putting it at the end.....probably stick out about 20' on each side....there goes my view but I won't have to worry about the bad weather at the end any more. Maybe see you guys this summer.

You will get used to docking on AA. Where I am at now there is very little room to the bank. I really have to be careful not to get the prop into the bank. Got better at hitting the angle right over the season. AA is the best for keeping the weather out. Hope you enjoy your new Bennington. We have certainly enjoyed ours.

The weekend last year we stayed in a cabin we had a slip in AA , We tried to outrun a storm and did not make it. So when we got to the dock if it was not for the 3 men helping us it would not have happened getting in the slip. Man that was bad , raining buckets sideways and wind was pushing anyway except where we wanted to go. Im very thankful those guys were there. Yes its a little tight!

Went up this weekend only to find out they're not only extending the end of AA dock out 6 more feet towards open water but also the ends of both fingers on the end  another 8'! That leaves me about 18-20 feet between AA and B. Have to swing all the way over to B dock within about 3' from the boats on B to make the cut into my slip at the end of AA. Lends new meaning to the term "pain in the a%#". I'd guess the next time we go up there I'll have a 102' new neighbor at the end.

One of my friends bought his first pontoon about 3 years ago.  He had a similar situation concerning the tightness of getting his boat into his slip.  In the beginning he made his soon dive overboard with a rope attached to the boat, the son would get onto the dock and help guide the boat in.  We used to laugh watching him. 

Well by the next year that SOB could dock that boat without any help, certainly would put me to shame.

Moral to this story is obvious 

My docking was a similar situation. I found the easiest thing was to come in at an angle going straight toward the port side of the slip (slowly). Walk up front stop the boat, push from port into the slip, walk over to the starboard and walk the boat in then center and raise the lift. Sounds difficult, but it really was effortless and I had control all the way,not once did I need to center then drive in.

Never had an issue last year...had about 30' between my slip (end slip) and the dock next to me. Come in at idle speed...make an easy right....nose right in. But they're extending the outside finger another 10' feet to accommodate a 102' houseboat (marina owner) and it will still hang out another 5' past the end of the finger, I'll have to learn all over again. Instead of making the easy right now have to negotiate about a 15' opening and a hard, hard right. Turn hard, nail it, swing around (so much for the no wake zone) and head right in. Last weekend we had about 20-30 mph winds. Nailed it the second time. Got lucky:)  I can't wait to see them dock the houseboat when the dock is finished. I think they're still trying to find somebody to drive the stupid thing without tearing stuff up. On the bright side......I won't have to worry too much about the weather when the houseboat gets there. 3 decks....safe harbor for me:)

Back