S SERIES VS L SERIES vs all others, deck construction

I appreciate the input on here. I must be getting old. This pontoon/tritoon handles better than anything of this sort I have drove before it! On the river it is excellent!. I can pass anything with little to no drama or slapping. WOT with 4 people aboard is 43mph and it cruises at 5100 ay 38 mph. I can make it up and down river super quick as I never have to back off throttle. Everyone is loving it. I have piloted way less sea worthy floats in much bigger waters. This rig is impressive! The wife is already seeing if we can go north again before it gets cold. Storage is ridiculous, the stereo is rediculous, it get on plane instantly. At the moment I am super stoked with the purchase. I had one mishap. one of tye levers on the captain chair pulled off the roll pin. It still adusts up and back.

Thanks everyone for the input, I think we found a boat we really dig!!!!!!

Attachments

• 20230812_104102.jpg
    20230812_104102.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230812_180418.jpg
    20230812_180418.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230812_161653.jpg
    20230812_161653.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_20230812_165534.jpg
    IMG_20230812_165534.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 34
Nice color combination :cool:

DaveCS1, that’s great to hear it is all working out. You and the family will have a lot of fun and I’m totally jealous of the in floor storage. I don’t believe they offered that on the Express when we bought ours, but maybe I’m wrong.

Congrats! Beautiful boat. You're getting 43mph with 4 people with a 150hp on an express package? That's super impressive, I almost can't believe it. Enjoy!

Awesome! Sharp looking boat. Glad it is checking all the boxes. All your time and research and thoughtfulness paid off.

Many fun water adventures ahead for everyone.

Congrats! Beautiful boat. You're getting 43mph with 4 people with a 150hp on an express package? That's super impressive, I almost can't believe it. Enjoy!
well That is what the Garmin says, I did not check it against anything, and that is also with the current and wind. I only opened it up a couple times as I was breaking it in. The rest of the time we had the Bimin up and just cruised around about 25 to 30 mph. The dealership did the first hour of break in. we did the next 6 :) 3 more to go. I think the SHO is worth the money so far. Oh also this dealership props their engines, so it has a stainless Yamaha reliance prop, which seems perfect.

I would still love to ride on an sps or esp float. I just cannot believe these modern pontoons. We saw an older Sunchaser tritoon and a Regency, both did not seem like they could get up on plane like the Benny. They were moving pretty good, but water was going everywhere. Not that I could see my own boat much, but it felt like we were just skipping across the top of the water.

Sorry for the post dump just replaying a terrific afternoon of boating.

I did think of a couple things that were not all Rainbows and unicorns.

The electric over hydraulic steering is amazing, but it has a bit of a dead spot when switching directions fast, like a docking situation or keeping heading on a River, not a show stopper, but with the old hydraulic stuff I could feel, the motor position well and the friction would keep a heading decent.

The engineer in me needs to see more vitals on the engine. I kept looking for oil pressure and water temp. Also on my Chap I had fuel burn which helped find the ideal cruise trim and speed. We burned through 3/4 of that 26 gallon tank pretty quick!

The electric over hydraulic steering is amazing, but it has a bit of a dead spot when switching directions fast, like a docking situation or keeping heading on a River, not a show stopper, but with the old hydraulic stuff I could feel, the motor position well and the friction would keep a heading decent.

The engineer in me needs to see more vitals on the engine. I kept looking for oil pressure and water temp. Also on my Chap I had fuel burn which helped find the ideal cruise trim and speed. We burned through 3/4 of that 26 gallon tank pretty quick!

I’m in the same boat.. lol, pun…

I wish I had fuel burn, and know it’s available. No easy/cheap way to display it that I can tell since I have the garmin stryker package and basic gauges…

I’m in the same boat.. lol, pun…

I wish I had fuel burn, and know it’s available. No easy/cheap way to display it that I can tell since I have the garmin stryker package and basic gauges…
Are you sure you want to know how much fuel it burns an hour ?:D

Don’t worry about the post dump sharing your fun and excitement. That is what it’s all about. All of us have been there, continue to return to those moments, and enjoy others having them. The flexiblity and capability of these modern pontoon Boats to nearly do it all is incredible.

When we ordered our Bennington tritoon I had people give me that ”look” or ”comment” about what they thought that meant. And I would be we have a 200HP motor with a supercharger coming on it, and should be able to go about 44mph and do almost all water sports. They would often look at me with this “what are you even talking about“ expression like I was crazy.

Let alone we plan to do that with a living-room full of family /friends aboard.

I do embedded control system design. I may do some digging. Yamaha seems to have a command control display that should hook into the NEMA 2000 helm controller. I was thi king I could locate that display on the right hand side of the consol opposite the kicker stereo.

Hey Dave, glad to hear that you’re super happy with your new Benny! She’s beautiful, BTW! I’d pay attention to the dead spot and talk to your dealer as I certainly haven’t experienced what you describe and I don’t recall anyone else mentioning something similar. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Back