Scheduled Pickup of Our New Boat/How to Make Time go Faster

patcraver

Reaction score
Well, we scheduled the pickup of our boat on April 19th, we sent in the marina fees to guarantee our spot, now the waiting begins. Anyone have good ideas for little projects to keep me busy and make the next 6 weeks go faster? Does anyone also have recommendations for good tubing life jackets?

I used the time to pick up the extras that didn't come with it .

First aid kit ,flares ,second fire extinguisher the proper amount of pfds ,bumpers,dock lines .303 .

One place that you want to stay away from is the Bennington Build Site  You will surely come down with PAD's if you go there . :D

Congrats!!! I agree with Jack- I spent my "waiting weeks" going to my closest West Marine Store and local marinas slowly purchasing the "extras"-

extra dock lines

cleaners

extra life jackets

tube/lines/noodles

extra coolers

etc etc-

Makes the wait a bit easier!! Best of Luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last spring I built a deck for our house. That sure helped kill some time. This year, adding a bathtub and tile surround in the spare bath.

I always resort to equity building projects!

I'm going to start building a 24' x 24' workshop behind my house.  But that'll be after I get back from Budapest/Vienna/Prague.

Hopefully this fine weather will hold up and no more freezes will be experienced in the Mid South.

I think I'll have a few beers and wait this thing out

There was another Link that said he was giving up drinking for Lent...

Link wins! I'd need a LOT of beer, but I hate beer, so big bottles of whiskey and rum fill the void.

Congrats on the new boat.  Overton's and Amazon are nice places to browse for stuff for the new boat while sitting in your recliner.

Caught me Rockie, I give up drinking every year for Lent [to make sure I can] :lol:

Get a half dozen fenders too. Anchor too if it hasnt been said.

We have a small waterproof bag that we keep our registration,insurance,boat manuals ,cell phones and chargers,extra keys and such.The bag goes on and off the toon always.

Thank you all for the great advice, I think we got just about everything we need to at least start boating. I'm sure there will be plenty more stuff we find that we need/want. Officially 1 month from pickup day!!!

Do not watch the calendar, just saying. The said 6 weeks can turn into 8 to 10. So , ,,, Think yard work, around the house stuff, because when that spaceship does arrive, all those things around the house get left behind and unattended. This is from past experience I speak.

A small air horn in a can is good to have too.  The stock horn is a joke.

A small air horn in a can is good to have too.  The stock horn is a joke.
Must have changed over the years cause mines pretty loud.

I honked mine while the wife was sitting in front of the helm and it scared the crap out of her! Ours was loud.

In winters, I'll buy 50' hollow braided nylon rope, and cut them into 4ths.  Then I put a loop on each end, threading the rope inside itself.  That way I can loop ropes onto a boat cleat without tying.  Or I can loop numerous ropes together if longer ropes are needed without tying them together.

I like to keep 2 or 3 sets of 4 ropes in zip plastic bags so they can be easily located.  You can never have too many ropes. 

I'd swear there's some little thief that goes from dock to dock stealing rope.  I still have a hard time keeping up with rope.

Back