Seats Stained on New Bennington

sdoyle999

Reaction score
Happy to be the owner of a 2014 20 SLX!  Completely love it!  Just one thing...

We took delivery just 3 weeks ago and almost immediately saw small grey stains on each of the seats. The stains are mostly about 1/4 inch or random shapes. Some larger.  We're using the playpen cover and can't imagine that we've done anything that would have caused these.  Dealer says he's seen it on several other new Bennington's and that they disappear on their own over time. Does that make sense at all?  Anyone else seen this on new Bennie's??

Thanks Jack - I suppose it could be spider droppings but I'd think that the dealer would have been able to quickly identify it if that were the case. No?  I'll get some 303 protectant and cleaner today and give it a shot.

Shop around even at amazon . Different sellers,pricing varies  a lot .

Jack is right about 303.  I left my new Sweetwater uncovered in the yard one week and when I returned the seats had stained imprints of leaves, which I tried all of the household remedies and nothing phased the stained.  I went to my dealer on Monday and he gave me 303, which removed  the stain immediately.  Needless to say when we bought our 2012 2275 GCW I bought a new supply of 303 cleaner and protectant, which cleans spider droppings as well as most anything else easily and quickly.

Roy

Like Jack, 303 on the upholstery was one of the first priorities. It is due on a regular schedule too, every 60 days for me.

sdoyle, sun tan lotion and bug sprays can also stain seats.  When kids come on my boat I always ask if they have been sprayed and if so they sit on towels

Spider droppings can leave pin head size stains after the solids are removed.  I've yet to find anything to remove these tiny stains on my Ivory colored seats.  I've been using Zep orange degreaser/cleaner and Mr. Clean Magic Eraser on the spots after Mean Green wouldn't budge it.

I did buy some StarBrite bug and spider poop remover, and it appears to have some enzymes to easily remove the solids.  I have used it on my SUV windshield, but had to come back with window cleaner to get a film off.  I'm not optimistic it'll remove the pinhead stains, however.

We have heard of a mooring cover leaving stain on the tops of the boat's seats.  I don't know if it was one specific color, but it doesn't seem to be a universal problem.

We have heard of a mooring cover leaving stain on the tops of the boat's seats.  I don't know if it was one specific color, but it doesn't seem to be a universal problem.
Pretty sure our black cover is leaving stains on our seat backs.  It's only where you can tell there will be rubbing from the cover.  I used 303 cleaner tonight and it came right off.  303 also got most of the other stains as well...looking good again.  It's amazing how quickly everything can get so dirty.  Also picked up one of the new dust busters, it works decent and is easy to bring from home.  Right now, we are dealing with all this "cotton" stuff flying around.  Geez, could have stuffed a pillow with all we had in our boat...even with the cover on!

We use a Magic Eraser in everything on the boat seats. Rinse often.
Easy stain remover and no chemicals.

Back