So I got a build date!

I wonder if it is my boat? Do they deliver to multiple dealers with one truck? That would probably stop at mine on the way.
Nah, my understanding is they build 4 per shipment for each dealer. So all boats go to a single dealer. So probably someone here in Madison holding me up! I better not catch them on the lake!

The anticipation is killing me so i know you guys with May build dates must be dying!  
We did get some good news though, my mechanic will be fixing my current boat (215 Searay Express cruiser) this weekend (electrical issues..) so hopefully i drop that in next week and use it until the Bennington gets here!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres a pic, in case you guys ever get bored of looking at toons!  Hahah

Sweet !!

So if you had to choose ONE, which would you choose? I had to decide between a Yamaha 242s, a trailer able cabin cruiser, and a pontoon. Obviously picked the toon, but beings you have both I'm curious which one you prefer the most?

So if you had to choose ONE, which would you choose? I had to decide between a Yamaha 242s, a trailer able cabin cruiser, and a pontoon. Obviously picked the toon, but beings you have both I'm curious which one you prefer the most?
Well, that is a no brainer for me, even though i dont have the benny yet, I go out on a friends sweetwater quite a bit, definitely the pontoon.   The wife and I do not stay overnight on the boat so the pontoon is a better choice for us.  The Sea Ray doesnt have AC or real room to sleep my wife and I and the 2 dogs so it really isnt great for overnighting either.   I honestly dont know why they even make cabin cruisers this small with no genny (for AC).   Seems pointless to me.   My sister and her boyfriend have a 24 ft bayliner that they overnight on all the time, but it has a generator and a flushable head.   They enjoy doing that.   Id rather cruise all day, and some nights, but come back home!

Obviously on this forum the pontoon boat will be chosen, but that is the reason why there are so many different styles and manufacturers so that every person gets what they want.  Heck just with bennington there are over a hundred different choices.  Mine is perfect for me....oh except that I should have gotten the 150HP....and then I need power steering..........really wish I would have gotten the SPS......................................... 

My build date was May 10th and the boat is still not to my dealer, and my dealer

is in Elkhart, IN.. I cannot get any answers from my dealer. VERY frustrating

to say the least.
Hey Manitou,

Your dealer get your boat yet? I also had a build date of the 10th, I was told late this week or early next. Then today updates to late next Tuesday or early Wednesday. Then dealer prep, so probably going to miss the big weekend :(

Sounds like Link is coming down with a case of PADS...

Hey Manitou,

Your dealer get your boat yet? I also had a build date of the 10th, I was told late this week or early next. Then today updates to late next Tuesday or early Wednesday. Then dealer prep, so probably going to miss the big weekend :(
Yes they did.  They said it would be delivered to me this coming week for sure. I am sure as hell hoping it does.  Will keep you posted.

Hey Manitou,

Sorry you won't have it for the holiday week-end.  

Sorry you won't have it for the holiday week-end.
Thanks man. We'll survive. Super anxious though. Good luck in getting yours!

I am doing my best to hold out and battle PADS for a few years, Bennington comes out with so much new stuff in a year that I thought if I waited a few years I would be better off

Jumping into the discussion, we are getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2014 toon order.   Our dealer in MN told us 6 weeks so unless we order this week, we won't have it for the 4th of July.    So is most of that shipping time or is he waiting till he has 4 grouped together so we are waiting on others?    Any input?  

Cheree & Peter Vaughn

Dealer needs 4 boats to make an order.

My dealer told me 4 to an order unless it has a sport tower and then its only 3.

I have been getting the run around in a good way. I was told 7-8 weeks which would put it at june 15th at the latest. I called a couple weeks ago and they said it was scheduled to be built may 21st. I called again last fri and he looked at the computer and it was still slated for around the 21-23 and then he called me 18 hrs later and told me that it was actually started and maybe finished on last fri and would be to the dealer this thurs. they wont have it ready until the week after which is understandable. it also pays to buy from the biggest benninton dealer too

2014 2575 QCW I/O Blackout Edition

430 HP 8.2L V8 Bravo X 3 Digital Throttle and Shift

Another monster boat.  Color me jealous and I love your avatar picture.  

How do people get build dates, etc?  Calling Bennington or from dealer?  

I talked with Bennington customer service on Monday and they said they would look into my order, and I have not received a call back yet.  It was more for ensuring the options I wanted were added to the order by the dealer, but having a build date would be nice.  Technically I could pick it up as I work in Ohio every other week and live in Wisconsin.  I could drive home one time (8 hours).  Do you think that would be faster than delivery of it from Bennington to Dealer?

Back