So today just really sucked .......

SEMPERFI8387

Reaction score
To start out I decided to trade away my Solstice as I was not driving it much and I miss my truck ..... So Friday night I traded it on an 03 Dodge Ram regular cab short bed. No HEMI, but 4.7 is ok .... Flash forward to today, Saturday, I had to work till noon so we decided just to hang out and save boating for Sunday. Thank goodness we did. Hopped in the truck, 3 miles later, pop goes the radiator ..... Limp it home, call dealer, they are picking it up Monday to repair. No biggie, great guys.

So, we take the Jeep to eat dinner, drive past dodge dealer, look at Jeeps, get home and left rear is smoking like a freight train. I had a locked up caliper. UN FRICKIN REAL !!!!!!!! So off to Autozone, pick up a caliper & brake fluid. Couple hours later with wife's help bleeding the caliper, Jeeps back on road.

I'm really scared to go to the Benni Sunday, as I'm afraid what we might find ....... Oh well, at least we have a Benni to go to and relax, so I shouldn't complain ....... Sure need it after today .....

With the string of luck your on, make sure you bring extra paddles!! Haha good luck Semp! I'd still rather paddle a Benny, than drive anything else!

I deleted your duplicate post and at one time or another I've had "one of those days". Then I look back and realize it wasn't that bad and there are many people with much worse going on. B)

Don't drive, don't peddle, don't walk, don't run, don't take the Benny out, don't go out tomorrow............

It comes in 3's. You should be good to go. Hope the rest of you day / week goes better my friend.

Todd

With the string of luck your on, make sure you bring extra paddles!! Haha good luck Semp! I'd still rather paddle a Benny, than drive anything else!
With my luck, I'd drop em in the water !! :eek:

I deleted your duplicate post and at one time or another I've had "one of those days". Then I look back and realize it wasn't that bad and there are many people with much worse going on. B)
Wondered why it took so long for my phone to post ....doh !!! :blink: Yeah, in the big picture, it aint so bad.... I just think of the others misfortunes, and mine aint squat .... :(

Don't drive, don't peddle, don't walk, don't run, don't take the Benny out, don't go out tomorrow............
Sorry, gotta at least make sure at least it's ok ...... ^_^

It comes in 3's. You should be good to go. Hope the rest of you day / week goes better my friend.

Todd
Thanks, I know it could always be worse, but maybe a day on the Benni will make it all disappear ..... at least till I get home and see the truck sitting there peeing ...... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
But hey, look at the bright side! Paddles float. Hehe good luck!

You won't believe this, but almost had to use paddles !!!!!! We have started this toon 500 times with NEVER an issue.

TODAY, parked at island, went to start, AND IT JUST TURNED OVER AND OVER !!!!! UN FREEKIN BELIEVABLE.

So I checked the bulb .... hmmmmm had to pump it up quite a few times .... still no fire, just turning over..... so I push in the trans release button, and move throttle to mid range and she finally fires after spitting and sputtering. I think I might have had vapor lock. It was sitting in very hot sun today for hour or two. Only thing I could think of .......

Oh yeah, lost one of my water shoes off swim platform while cruising around.........never found it.

Damn, I hope this week at work is better than my weekend .... LOL !!!!

Wow. That's quite a streak of bad luck.

I think you are getting very close to breaking the forum record for the longest streak of bad luck. Which was set by....

Let's see if anyone knows the answer.

Uhhh, I'm going to assume it was me?

For some odd reason I don't feel so bad now .... Funny, I was telling the salesman your story about the incident, cause my wife had to drive the car to dealer in the rain, and I know she was scared about damaging it, the night we were trading it ......

Pretty sure my dealer gets nervous when I tell him I'm trading in my boat too!! Haha might have to borrow a buddies diesel with a slip tank so I don't have to stop for fuel anywhere!!! I'm hoping I get a call tomorrow saying my new retirement plan has arrived! Not sure how long it will take the dealer to do what he needs to do, and even less sure how long it will take me to do what I need to do, but as long as someone is doing something, I'll be happy! Speaking of which, I better get back to baseboard installation so that the wife is happy!! (I did put it off for about 3 years for sure, trying to get some brownie points if I want to get that fancy ottoman cooler!!)

Aaaaaahhhhh don't worry............you're going to look at this string of bad luck and Laugh about it one day.........don't go to work.

Go to bed SemperFi, just be sure you don't fall out

Wow, that is one sucky couple of days. I thought you were going to say your wife left you for your brother or something next. Glad that wasn't the case. It can't get any worse so smooth sailing, driving ahead!

Semperfi

I'm with ya brother. See my post on the pontoon forum of the waveshield failing AGAIN. I think this is a design issue as the waveshield is fastened every 10 to 12" down both port and starboard side until it reaches the point at the motor pod, the it's about 20+ inches for this particular section that keeps bending, then read it's back to 10 to 12" until it ends. Will be calling bennington in the morning.

Todd

Semperfi

I'm with ya brother. See my post on the pontoon forum of the waveshield failing AGAIN. I think this is a design issue as the waveshield is fastened every 10 to 12" down both port and starboard side until it reaches the point at the motor pod, the it's about 20+ inches for this particular section that keeps bending, then read it's back to 10 to 12" until it ends. Will be calling bennington in the morning.

Todd
Ouch! Maybe a small reinforcement piece in the right place is needed? I was thinking maybe a small strip of heavier aluminum in the right spot...

Well, at least today went normal at work, nothing crazy or bad happened ...... Maybe the streak is over.

I did stop at garage, at least they got my truck, hopefully tomorrow it will be done.

My new motto =

F.I.S.H.

F

It

Sh**

Happens

Back