Speaking of Half-Enclosures. Check this out!

jimmiefan48

Reaction score
This is the finished product from our dealer. They delivered the boat back to our marina, this week. We are so ticked off. Each four corners looks just like this, with lots of black canvas and a big space of lacking windows. Not only is it an eye sore and it makes the inside of the enclosure very dark, its not even safe to drive like this.  We are going to the dealer tomorrow and let em' have it! There goes our leaf peeping for the season!!

gallery_5082_692_80813.jpg

jimmiefan48, we have been debating a half enclosure as well. Sorry to hear of your disappointment but myself and others would like to learn what to do, say or lookout for so would appreciate if you would keep us in the loop as to how all this goes down. Thanks and hoping this all works out for you

Wow! Hope you don't have to make any starboard side turns. We were thinking about a half- enclosure as well. I sure would like see an example of a well done project. Good luck with your dealer.

I have the pictures of my windshield and hoping to have them up today. 

Looks to be an easy fix just looking at it though. Shouldn't be a problem getting some windows added there.

This is the photo from the 2014 catalog.  It looks a bit different than the one you received from your dealer.  But, it looks like it has the same massive blind spots that you ended up with.   :(

gallery_5065_693_3327.jpg

Ok look in my Gallery, I posted on the other page also.

KC24, that is exactly what I am looking for.  Can you give details, who made, ease of installation/deinstall, aprox cost, pros & cons and anything else you think we need to know

Is it a Bennington half enclosure or custom? Did you look at pictures prior to ordering and or discuss color? 

I'm thinking about getting one, but want to verify why you are going back to dealer to "let em have it"? Was it their fault?

E B Marine in Hendersonville Tn custom designed it for me, Wayne is in charge of the upholstry there, Very good folks to work with.

Cost we will say under 500.00 it took a couple rounds to get it the way I wanted it . 

Having a 2 piece zipper would be the only change I would make. That would  make it easeir to fold up.

Attaching is fairly easy with the snaps on the top and D rings with the detachable clips make it sturdy and easy to attach and not have to stretch it. 

I am thinking of having the entire half enclosure made with mostly glass and zippered windows. Its a must to see what is going on around me.

Is it a Bennington half enclosure or custom? Did you look at pictures prior to ordering and or discuss color? 

I'm thinking about getting one, but want to verify why you are going back to dealer to "let em have it"? Was it their fault?
After reading some of the posts on this thread, especially about the one with the Bennington brochure, I'm not going to "let em have it" as much so, now. I'm just going to ask if there is something that we can do to make it less of a blind spot.  

Since i have never looked into this half enclosure thing, maybe i am taking for granted that it is a CAMPING enclosure, not a boating enclosure?

Anything that limits your vision as the one advertised in Benningtons brochure, must certainly be for while the boat is at rest. And never intended for use while underway.

Bennington camping enclosures are designed to protect from the elements and provide privacy to boaters who spend the night sleeping or "camping" on the boat.   Other types of enclosures, called "day enclosures" are made with an abundance of clear plastic "windows" for higher visibility.   Day enclosures are great for boating during inclement weather, but not so great for overnight "camping."  

TB

Thanks for chiming in TB.  At least I know what I want now, a day enclosure.

Link, what you really what is the new Q with the windshields for both sides.  :)

I have to admit when I saw that Q23 with the windshield at the marina and found out on the price I was tempted, fortunately I didn't have 78K on me :wacko:

Back