Speaking of Half-Enclosures. Check this out!

Do these camping enclosures have a combination of canvas, screen and Eisen Glass for the windows?  I want to make a full enclosure for my boat, for which I want to include all three materials in the windows.  Close-up pictures would be appreciated.

I'm not sure if what we have is Eisen-Glass but ti is a combination of canvas, screens and vinyl window. I'll try to get better pitures next week.

The dealer hooked us up with the guy who did our half-enclosure. The canvas guy is a really nice guy. He said not a problem and to bring him the side curtains (at the end of the season) that we want additional windows and to just chalk up where we want windows. We also took the toon out yes for a nice ride and it wasn't that bad at all as far as visbility. :)   

thank you. I have been reading all these comments and they don't make sense. A camping enclosure is just that. If you must boat in the cold get a parka.

Gabbiano, You are from Ft Myers, you should come up to the Northeast and go boating to see the leaves in October. We don't need parkas, we need fully insulated enclosures with a fireplace so we don't die of hyperthermia. Or I guess we could move South [beat you to it CWag] :rolleyes:

I've never done this, but I've thought about it several times.  Navy's picture reminded me of it...

I would like to camp on the water in a cove sometime, but the dew would be really annoying without a camping cover.  So, I was thinking if there was a way to put the mooring cover on while the bimini was up...  I'd snap the mooring cover to the front end of the boat like usual, but then drape the back end of the mooring cover up and over the bimini, and somehow clip it up there temporarily so it would stay put for the night.  It wouldn't keep bugs out or anything, and would only work on a calm night, but it would keep the dew off.  And we could try it and see if we like it before shelling $2k for a camping enclosure.  The plus is I already have the mooring cover!

Anyway, what I had in mind was a lot like Navy's picture, only the part just in front of the bimini would slope down to the front, if that makes any sense.

This is a great option that works with the morning cover.

image.jpg

Is the front half of that the mooring cover then???

Not sure, that's what it looks like to me. Nice cover though. 

i have been boating over 60 years in the northeast and southeast.....campers are for camping not to sit in while piloting a boat. simple direct and inevitable

attachicon.gif
image.jpg

I would like something like this.
I really am attracted to this type of thing, a genuine season extender and would allow using the boat as a short term camping solution. Very good idea.

i have been boating over 60 years in the northeast and southeast.....campers are for camping not to sit in while piloting a boat. simple direct and inevitable
I've been boating in the upper midwest for 40 years and I see boats EVERYWHERE with camper canvas up and cruising. You have 20 years on me, but I think my 4 decades still provide a representative sample. Walk through any marina; north, south, east, west or anywhere in between and there are cruisers galore with the camper canvas up. Meander about the Mississippi or other major waterways...cruisers with camper canvas up. Ten Tom? Camper cavas cruisers. ICW - camper canvas cruisers. The pontoon boat crowd is just looking for a way to capitalize on the comforts previously only enjoyed by the express-cruiser and motor-yacht crowd.

This is as common as it gets.

I think it's awesome.

We have numerous toons on our lake with enclosures. If weathers nice they pop the sides off. End of day, they pop'em back on. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if I had an extra couple grand to get one.......maybe I need to stop trading vehicles??? Lol !!!

Back