Spring has Arrived in Northern Michigan ( According to the Calendar )

I just went out to get the mail and did my daily kick at the snow drifts so they melt faster. Come on spring, we're all ready!

Opening Day of Baseball today . Spring Must Be Here  :D

1513848_10152265561781702_1081182301_n.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Open Water at the Marina today .

I spoke to the owner while I was there today .

He told me that IF the weather stays like it has been the past few days ,we should be good to go around the 1st of May . :p

Open Water at the Marina today .

I spoke to the owner while I was there today .

He told me that IF the weather stays like it has been the past few days ,we should be good to go around the 1st of May . :p
Of this year ????? ;-)

Our lake is looking better and better each day. Was down at the neighbors today and he says it will be gone by the end of the week. We'll see.

Our lake is looking better and better each day. Was down at the neighbors today and he says it will be gone by the end of the week. We'll see.
Early Delivery ,Andy  ?

Still going to hold off until may 3rd. Still waiting on the lift to show, then I have to assemble and get the dock in. Seeing the open water is sure lifting my spirits.

I just left the dealer ( again ) we are shooting for May 1st-3rd .

The 2nd is my Wife's birthday .Since this was here idea ,I think that it would make a fine present .

Yes I agree Jack, if it doesn't happen on the 2nd make sure you have some vacuum cleaning bags as a backup present

Yes I agree Jack, if it doesn't happen on the 2nd make sure you have some vacuum cleaning bags as a backup present
I was thinking about some 303 and some rags to apply it .

RIP Jack. It was nice knowing you.

I was just up north this past weekend (Eagle River, WI area).  We had 12" of snow in a 24 hour period.  That's in addition to the 14" still on the ground!!!  With the current 6' of ice on the lake I am thinking I'll see the water sometime in August!  The lakes will be nice and high but colder that a "you know what" till late into the summer!

Just went to the marina today.  Looks like a few more weeks before the the new boat can go in.

tn_gallery_5260_528_621061.jpg

As long as it's warm you'll be amazed how quick that ice will disappear. Give it a couple days or so and I bet it looks a lot better !!!

1549393_705316176194547_5738107231896499181_n.jpg

My wife told me there were two boats out on our lake yesterday and the one was out there for almost 8 hours. I'm sure they will be out there again today and tomorrow with 65-70 and sunny both days.

I love this time of year. Seeing everyone get their boats back in the water means summer is coming.

Bass boats were out here today too.

Back