Spring Has Arrived in Northern Michigan

Jack M

Reaction score

Its in the Air 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just went into town .13 degrees and the sap has frozen .

It should run today "IF" it gets as warm as they predict .

Starting our last run today ,pulling the taps Monday . :(

Sure doesn't feel like Spring here either, fairly sunny out so it fooled me when I opened the door and went out to get the paper off the driveway this morning, 26 degrees

We've had a couple weeks n the 70's w/a few days in the 80's. But our high is only supposed to be in the 50's today......WTH?!?

Spring is here, The blooms and.......My sneezing and itchy eyes have been telling me...

Nice and sunny here but cold as well. We are getting closer to boating season!

Sun is shining up here too ,hope it warms up quick to get that sap running .

Seventies here and hope to get our Benny out on it's maiden voyage this coming Friday.  Northern Michigan - remember it well, went to Jr High there '62 - '64 in Gwinn. My dad was stationed at K I Sawyer AFB.  I remember we had a blizzard on St Patrick's Day both years we were there.  Beautiful county and great fishing, it's on my bucket list to visit there again someday.  Location shows Oregon which is where our house is but I work in central CA - reason for the 70's comment.   Have another year or so before I retire and am in OR full time.

Seventies here and hope to get our Benny out on it's maiden voyage this coming Friday. Northern Michigan - remember it well, went to Jr High there '62 - '64 in Gwinn. My dad was stationed at K I Sawyer AFB. I remember we had a blizzard on St Patrick's Day both years we were there. Beautiful county and great fishing, it's on my bucket list to visit there again someday. Location shows Oregon which is where our house is but I work in central CA - reason for the 70's comment. Have another year or so before I retire and am in OR full time.
I was born in Gwinn... My dad was station on that base for many years....

How is the weather up there Jack? We are on the rain side of the system but I think you are getting the white stuff.

We are out of town right now .I did  get a few calls ,said 10-12 ,high wind .Actually some what close to you Andy .Just passed a Wilsons Marine

Commerce or Brighton? I'm only a couple miles from the Brighton location.

Commerce ,headed east in the am 

Yup.

Spring%20not%20found_zps1bgqab4y.jpg

That's a good one GoldenRod

Time to move south....

3013A0F9-02E2-4CFA-92DF-7FDFC0D6AA46_zpsfs8ozv3z.jpg

Andy ,you got some too .

We have weather advisories out until 8:00 pm . They say  :wub:  "this should be the last for  the season " Temps rise starting Tuesday ,

Snow at our place too :(

This is getting ridiculous. I've actually started looking at jobs down in the Houston area. There are some big lakes and they are about as warm as fl. Sitting around waiting for 4-5 months of boating is beyond getting old. 

Then you will complain about the heat lakeliving :p

Back