Spring Has Arrived in Northern Michigan

Snow seems to have stopped here in Wixom, but everything is white. Supposed to be changing to rain soon, then up to 60s by next weekend!  My kids and their families are in TC now but said there was just a few inches left. I do like the snow (not a snowbird at all) but this has been hanging on for too long. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Then you will complain about the heat lakeliving :p

Myself ,I would never complain about the heat .Either on a boat or in air conditioning .

This is getting ridiculous. I've actually started looking at jobs down in the Houston area. There are some big lakes and they are about as warm as fl. Sitting around waiting for 4-5 months of boating is beyond getting old. 

My daughter and her family lives in Houston. I'd go for Austin, Lake Travis when there is water in it ;-)

I was looking at lake Conroe. Also it is close to the gulf. Houston is the energy capital so I figured it would give me a better chance landing there as I currently work for a utility. Does she like Houston? 

I was looking at lake Conroe. Also it is close to the gulf. Houston is the energy capital so I figured it would give me a better chance landing there as I currently work for a utility. Does she like Houston? 

Yes they do, but they travel around to Austin, San Antonio. The gulf there looks nothing like Florida gulf coast.

Don't know if it is possible, but boating down the river walk in San Antonio would be awesome!

Kathy and I went to San Antonio a couple of years ago for vacation.  Had a great time at Riverwalk, daytime shops & restaurants, going out to the Missions and the bars at night were fantastic.  You can ride on pontoons that do a tour but never saw personal boats in the river.  That is if you could call it a river, looks more like a small stream in the city as it is only a matter of miles from the head

Got out yesterday. Beautiful!! A little windy, but what's a little wind except to make it that much better while beached on a sandbar. 80* and loving it.

CABD46EF-6B1A-4086-B685-A101186CD180.jpg

42BC0820-BC35-4A29-86CD-55C6AC83AC91.jpg

Only snow we have left at the lake house is surrounding the boat and pile where our plow guy piles it up. Neighbors say lake has been ice free for almost a month - usually it is about now. Dock going in Monday. 

We went to our marina Friday  ,check the bumpers ,dock water lever , which is higher than last season .

Ice is long gone 

36 now ( 6:45 am ) was 24 earlier this morning and I have  9:00 launching .Going to be chilly .

dress right and you will still love it

I'll have to watch for icebergs  :lol:

35 now "supposed " to be 44 @ 9 :00 

Last edited by a moderator:
I think there is only a 50% chance or rain tomorrow so hopefully we're on the dry side of that! Make sure to post pictures!

Mine went in a couple weeks ago and it's been raining so much I didn't even uncover it until Saturday evening. It had cooled off, winds picked up, and the lake was really sloppy, whitecaps, the whole messy deal.

That said, my lab and I did a quick rip for one lap around the lake and I appreciated once again what a great hull design the ESP truly is. It just ate up the rough water, not a rattle, spray, or anything to worry about other than wind, even at 45+. These boats are sooooo solid.

I hope your launch goes great Jack, just wear a warm jacket!

We got under way shortly after 10 ,Took about 45-50 minutes to get to our marina ( no wake on the Indian River ) .

I did open it up on Burt Lake for a few minutes before we went down the river . My ears got a little cold ,other than that no problems .

View attachment 1322

We got under way shortly after 10 ,Took about 45-50 minutes to get to our marina ( no wake on the Indian River ) .

I did open it up on Burt Lake for a few minutes before we went down the river . My ears got a little cold ,other than that no problems .

View attachment 1322

Seems a little lonely there!

Back