Spring must be coming

I usually buy cheap clothesline rope and tie a ducks a** knot (or truckers knot) and cut them off, but got lazy last year, now the snow knocked some over so its a pain to cut. I'm afraid to burn them as I have wood mulch all around my house. Not good.

Bad enough my neighbor has a fire pit in the middle of his back yard THAT IS COMPLETELY MULCH. Waiting for a cinder to smolder in his mulch one of these summers and he burns his house down. Problem is we are so close it'll burn mine down too.

Scary, has a degree and no common sense ?????

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually buy cheap clothesline rope and tie a ducks a** knot (or truckers knot) and cut them off, but got lazy last year, now the snow knocked some over so its a pain to cut. I'm afraid to burn them as I have wood mulch all around my house. Not good.

Bad enough my neighbor has a fire pit in the middle of his back yard THAT IS COMPLETELY MULCH. Waiting for a cinder to smolder in his mulch one of these summers and he burns his house down. Problem is we are so close it'll burn mine down too.

Scary, has a degree and no common sense ?????
Dont you  have " Burn Restrictions " ? In Northern Michigan during periods of drought as determined by the DNR permits are required .

They have a website that is updated daily .

Coming from NJ, it still amazes me that burning is still allowed. I remember in the 50's (yup, I'm old) we would burn leaves in the street but then it was banned.

We also burned them in the streets of Detroit .

Yeah, I'm sure there are some type of restrictions. At the very least, you probably have to notify the local FD so they don't just roll out at the sign of smoke. I don't think they'd be too happy !!

48 and sunny here right now! Woohoo!

72 here.

58 here... WOW

Got to 55 here and in 50s again tomorrow! Snow depth really dropping now. Can see grass around edges of walks. It's getting close.

No anchors thrown my way but We enjoyed 70 today and predicted to be mid 70's tomorrow. Had the toon out a bit but it's coming out of water Wed for Boat shop to do maintenance and acid wash toons.

Now they are predicting 6 inches for Wednesday.

50+ here today. 5-7" snow and -1 predicted for Wednesday.

Same here TomS nice out today, storm coming late Wed.  Good news is this mornings paper is questioning if it is going to be snow or rain

I live in south central MI and they now say 6-12 inches of snow for tonight/tomorrow.  Come on.  The never ending winter.

Had the top down on Jill's Infinity an hour ago.  Tomorrow night  the low will be 8*

75 today and 76 tomorrow.

62 tomorrow with rain, then 28 thursday .... WTH ????

Back