Striker 4

Are you planning on taking it with you? :D

My wife has selective spending. If it's something she wants, we have the money. If its something I want, we're in a saving mode...

I can't complain though as she is great with the finances. At age 24 we bought our place on the lake. We have no credit card debt, student loans, car payments (aside from a lease payment) and are putting money aside every paycheck for retirement. House will be paid off in 9 years, and she gets to stay home and raise our little boy. Overall life it good. I'll just live vicariously through you guys with trolling motors on your boats.

As young as you guys are, you are definitely on the right track! Congrats. There's nothing better than the "everything's paid off" feeling you get when you know that if something happened to your jobs, the lenders wouldn't be able to touch anything you have. When my wife and I got married almost 17 years ago, we refinanced the house that she had just bought a couple of years earlier. We turned the load into a 15 year from the 30 year she had, then paid it off in 10. We learned how to invest during that time and had also been paying off the vehicles and other debt. Paid cash for our first good toy, about 8 years ago: the Jeep Wrangler. Then after being debt free for 6 years, we decided to buy the boat with cash, a little over a year and a half ago. A few months later, we bought a new Jeep Cherokee Overland with cash. Everything just runs better when it's not dragging load payments behind. Again, great for you and your family. I know that we don't have the biggest and the best boat, but we didn't know how much we'd like boating. Since we know that we want to upgrade, we are tagging funds so that when we decide to make that move, we'll have plenty of funds to write the check without feeling it somewhere else. I'm impatient on small things, but when it comes to big ticket items, my patience level increases. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
As young as you guys are, you are definitely on the right track! Congrats. There's nothing better than the "everything's paid off" feeling you get when you know that if something happened to your jobs, the lenders wouldn't be able to touch anything you have. When my wife and I got married almost 17 years ago, we refinanced the house that she had just bought a couple of years earlier. We turned the load into a 15 year from the 30 year she had, then paid it off in 10. We learned how to invest during that time and had also been paying off the vehicles and other debt. Paid cash for our first good toy, about 8 years ago: the Jeep Wrangler. Then after being debt free for 6 years, we decided to buy the boat with cash, a little over a year and a half ago. A few months later, we bought a new Jeep Cherokee Overland with cash. Everything just runs better when it's not dragging load payments behind. Again, great for you and your family. I know that we don't have the biggest and the best boat, but we didn't know how much we'd like boating. Since we know that we want to upgrade, we are tagging funds so that when we decide to make that move, we'll have plenty of funds to write the check without feeling it somewhere else. I'm impatient on small things, but when it comes to big ticket items, my patience level increases. :D

We hope for the best and plan for the worst. We could sell our home today and have enough equity out of it to pay cash for a very nice home off the water but being on the water is worth it. It is tempting to be mortgage free at 32 though...

Wife said if we sell the boat I could get my Tesla too.... I'm weighing the Benny vs. a P100D.....

Nothing better than debt free.Not easy to do. Even with my pads virus no debt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Never saw a hearse with a luggage rack! ;)  

hqdefault.jpg

Back