Swingback Rail

Swingback

I think we can put this thread to rest, with a nick name like Swingback I think we will take your word for it.

Thanks to all

Illinois Ave...that is just my opinion.  We like the fact that it doesn't have the rail and can be used for more than just laying down.  It does not bother us if we have to flip the seat back and move up in a seated position while under way.  I would guess that this is why Bennington builds so many variations so everyone can purchase something that works for them. 

I joined the Bennington forum after placing our order for the swingback and that is just the nickname that worked at the time.  I read everything on the forum I could for 6 months before placing an order.  I feel that I was able to make better decisions on the options we selected because we found the Bennington forum and were educated.  We have ordered our last boat first...hopefully. 

People here agree to disagree and respect opinions and realize the only right answer is the one that's right for you.  Differing opinions gives different perspectives, and that helps new owners decide what's most important to them so they can ultimately make the best decision for their particular needs.  

IMO, this site not only sells a lot of boats, it prevents a lot of mistakes. Opposing positions makes this site stronger because of how people respond to it. A lot of forums are garbage because people don't respect other opinions and try to learn something from them. They'd rather fight.  There's been some of that here, but very little, and the moderators will step in quickly when they need to. The moderators on here have a thankless job, so here's a "thank you" to them!  

People here agree to disagree and respect opinions and realize the only right answer is the one that's right for you.  Differing opinions gives different perspectives, and that helps new owners decide what's most important to them so they can ultimately make the best decision for their particular needs.  

IMO, this site not only sells a lot of boats, it prevents a lot of mistakes. Opposing positions makes this site stronger because of how people respond to it. A lot of forums are garbage because people don't respect other opinions and try to learn something from them. They'd rather fight.  There's been some of that here, but very little, and the moderators will step in quickly when they need to. The moderators on here have a thankless job, so here's a "thank you" to them!  

Too many are set in their perception of reality and lack the ability, or desire to see an issue from another's point of view. I think it's great we can come on here, share a common interest and discuss our experiences with boating and pontoons. Disagreements are bound to happen but it's how we handle them that defines us.

On a side note is anyone offended by my usename??????????? (Too bad :p !!!)

I was not trying to make fun of a username, I was trying to be funny in a slight  way. .I also appreciate all of the points of view on the forum. Sorry if my response was taken wrong by anyone.

I was not trying to make fun of a username, I was trying to be funny in a slight  way. .I also appreciate all of the points of view on the forum. Sorry if my response was taken wrong by anyone.

Personally, didn't see anything wrong with your reply. Stating the obvious!

Me neither.

I wasn't implying you were insulting anyone in my earlier post, if that's why you wrote it.

I hope I wasn't offending anyone by saying I didn't think the swing back would work for us.

It's all good on my end. Keep posting. If I thought I knew everything, I'd have no reason to spend time here. I'm here to learn and have a good time.  And see half naked pics of Mark. Every time I get one of those pics unburned from my brain, a new one shows up!  Although that last one was pretty good...

The swingback does have a nice look for hanging out at the sandbar but seems like a lot of wasted space at the stern.  On a plus side the pop up changing room is under the rear seat bottom and not mid ship.  The seat is heavy with the changing room enclosure bolted to the bottom but does have gas lifts on each side to help out in lifting.

DSCN9538_zpskjhzvkul.jpg

DSCN9539_zps9usxe0af.jpg

Then there was the 22sx swingback premium that had the rails:

DSCN9536_zpsewx32dqb.jpg

Was also a swingback (was a gcw if I remember right) that had the stainless rail installed......didn't grab a pic of that one.

Man those Swingbacks are sweeeeet! No pads, no pads, no pads ......  :blink:

The swingback does have a nice look for hanging out at the sandbar but seems like a lot of wasted space at the stern.  On a plus side the pop up changing room is under the rear seat bottom and not mid ship.  The seat is heavy with the changing room enclosure bolted to the bottom but does have gas lifts on each side to help out in lifting.

Then there was the 22sx swingback premium that had the rails:

Was also a swingback (was a gcw if I remember right) that had the stainless rail installed......didn't grab a pic of that one.

That is one killer looking boat.  I like the looks of the swingback but for us, it is not practical.  I have big dogs that I want to keep contained and I want all the room I can get inside the playpen.   That blackout package looks killer, but I really think they need to get those rails powder coated black vs. the stainless on that package.   Anyone?

I think it looks good stainless, Blackout could be an option though. The stainless ties in with the cup holder rims, vent on seat, steering wheel, etc ..... gives it a little bling. 

One boat we did notice that seemed a bit odd to me was the blackout with the lime green graphics on the side.  That boat for some odd reason had the blacked out railings and panels but had the cheaper looking tan plastic light housings on the front.  Would have thought bennington would make a set of stainless light housings for that boat and either anodize them black or leave them natural shiny stainless.

DSCN9549_zpsuqggi2zk.jpg

Brian,

isnt that a dealers boat? If so they spec'd it that way. I've seen some other sharp looking toons without the upgraded dock lights. Not that there's anything wrong with them, I just think they are sleek looking, and if you are going to go all out on a wild looking boat, I agree that I would have thought they'd bump up to SS lights. 

I think this is the same boat before graphics, which was good to see for me, because I'm thinking about adding graphics and was wondering when in the build they were applied.  Looks like after delivery to dealer, good news for me.

http://www.spendaday.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?veh=538114&pov=4835462

Yeah that is the same boat before they added the lime green graphics.  According to the price sheet the "custom graphics" were a $1000 upcharge.  If I was to guess it was one of the vinyl graphic shops (thinks it's miller graphics out by the pizzaria) at the lake that did it for spend a day.

Hopefully you can see it in the price sheet pic below.

DSCN9550_zpswong5xfx.jpg

Brian,

isnt that a dealers boat? If so they spec'd it that way. I've seen some other sharp looking toons without the upgraded dock lights. Not that there's anything wrong with them, I just think they are sleek looking, and if you are going to go all out on a wild looking boat, I agree that I would have thought they'd bump up to SS lights. 

Yeah it's at spend a day marina....where we bought our boat.  Mattb picked it out of the dealer listings before it had the graphics installed.  Even the salesman thought it might look better with the stainless lights over the plastic ones....but it would be more $$$.  Out the door boat show pricing on that boat was $46,412.....over 6K more than we spent on our gsr2250 back in '14.  At that rate our boat should be worth almost as much as we paid for it when it comes time to trade her in :rolleyes: :D

Back