Table tops - where to store

dannyleininger

Reaction score
We have finally taken delivery of our Benny 22ssx. We ordered her with an extra table for the front. Last week we headed to Lake George on the north edge of the Ocala National Forest for a few days. Had a ball.

I discovered a “Warning Label” stating the tables should be stored at speeds above 5 MPH. Being that the table tops are plastic and as such will scratch easily, I’m having trouble finding a sutible place to store these tops while underway and while trailering. I do have the Center Tube Storage, but it was full of fishing equipment.

Any suggestions???

We love our table and use it just about every time we go out. (Got to put that good food somewhere!) Even though we slip across the street from the house we still load up the cooler and spend the day in some cove someplace. In the few times we have taken it out.........We have left it on the dock.........stored it in the changing area.........put it in a storage area under the sunpad............or just laid it up against the panel behind the captains chair. It was years before we saw that 5 mph sticker. We haven't had any trouble with that table at high speed.......I believe they make a pocket cover to store it in or just cover it with a towel .....

On our previous boat we stored it under the helm . Like Mark ,we never used it ,which is why I dont have a table on this one

Under the helm for us, it is flat so you can put something soft on top of it and not lose all the space.

I kept mine in the basement wrapped in towel. Maybe we'll use it more now. But you are right that they are pretty fragile.

I never take mine off.... always set up, never noticed any label. (only have rear table)

On my first Bennington we just left it up with no issues. Now I just keep it in a closet at home and never use it.

Last edited:
Ours is in the garage.

Got two of them under the helm, lean em up against the front, then throw gear bags in. I don't worry bout no stinkin scratches.

We use ours every tip. Wife made a "cover" out of fleece to protect it. I make sure I am careful when I stow it under the sunpad.

I never take mine off.... always set up, never noticed any label. (only have rear table)

Same with us since we also use ours every time out. Have had no issues running at speed with the table.

Ours stays mounted on the pedestal all the time and gets used every time out - even if only as another drink holder. Hasn’t been in the way at all for us. We are on the water though and never trailer so that kind of speed has never been an issue. Also, with a 50 on the back and slow cruising we don’t have an issue on the lake either.

Sew two large plush towels together and make a custom storage bag. We wrap ours in a towel and keep under our GCW changing room. Last boat, we slid it under the elevated helm but it sat higher off floor (R elevated helm)

Don't mean to bee a smartass but I store mine in the shed as we never use it
Mine was under the bed in the spare bedroom!

On our first toon, before we decided it was just in our way, we wrapped it in a big towel and put the bungee cords around it. It was a GLi so we stored it under our rear sundeck. It actually fit vertically behind some framing / tubing under there and never moved an inch.

I'd just peel that label off and leave the table where it is. If it's like mine, it ain't going anywhere. Lawyers.

We’ve never used ours, so it’s just squeezed behind the garage freezer at our cottage. Not covered or anything. Now everyone has me thinking I need to delicately wrap it up, but then I think why, I don’t use it. lol

I'd just peel that label off and leave the table where it is. If it's like mine, it ain't going anywhere. Lawyers.

What he said! Mine stays up 100% of the time, along with my bow gate seat on my hot vinyl floor.

Back