The Blender Project.

PDX Hosedragger

Reaction score
First it was the grill. Then came the LED lighting. Today I mounted a blender, and I'm pretty damn excited to break it in tomorrow. America!

First I cut a piece of bar stock, rounded and de-burred it.

Here it is drilled out with a 7/32 hole for #10-24 bolts.

The first ball mounted on the back rail, with 1/16" foam tape to prevent marring.

Here is the extender and the upper ball

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=11151&partNumber=319147&langId=-1&searchKeyword=319147#.UdUNChZsj0d

I was in a hurry to get this done for tomorrow, and didn't reinforce the sheet metal I mounted the ball to. I will be going back nect week with some 1/2" C-channel and tack welding on some stiffeners.

And here she is!

It's a Waring TG-15, 12v DC blender. I wired it right to an open spot on the power distribution block below where it is mounted. Easy as pie.

Www.thatisjustaskingthepopotopullyouover.com

I love it!!!

Luckily I work closely with many of them as a fireman and get a little "professional courtesy". Besides, what they're really thinking is: I need to do that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sweet setup !! What's next ? A mini bar ? LOL !!

Nice job! Professional installation! Leave it to the firefighter! Bottoms up Brotha..... :D ..........

Omg what next ? How am I ever going to keep up ?

Great idea though ! Hmmmm. Got me thinking.

Sweet setup !! What's next ? A mini bar ? LOL !!
Funny you should ask Semper... I'm putting one of these behind the captains chair, just forewarn of the starboard lounger. My wife manages a Starbucks store and likes her coffee. The Beaty of it is that it's a pod system like the kuerig, but also steams milk in pods so all you need is water! It will pretty much brew anything you want. It's small enough to fit sideways, and draws low enough amps that a cigarette lighter a/c inverter will power it.

http://www.starbucksstore.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Starbucks-Site/default/mProduct-Show?pid=011023256&start=1&cgid=verismo-machines

That blender is just screaming for some LEDS. Make it glow like a lantern!

Very cool!

So we've been breaking it in (really thoroughly) this week at Portland Waterfront Blues Fest. I will say that once this particular model dies, I'll be installing an inverter and swapping out for a 120v AC model for some real power. This one gets the job done, but takes a bit of time and finessing. I think a cheap-o black & decker would still do a better job.

I will tell you this, nothing works like my Vitamix blender. That thing is amazing!! Bit too much for a boat, I'm pretty sure the neighbors lights dim when we turn it on, but man is it impressive!! Watch the videos of it making shaved ice and peanut butter, ice cream, it actually can heat soup and it doesn't have a heating element. The thing is amazing! We had a Kitchen Aid one and the little tabs on the motor that link into the blade broke off, but it wasn't even in the same ballpark as the Vitamix one. It's frigging loud, so if you have the means(money) the one with the cover would be nice, we don't care, it's only for a few seconds. Sorry, I get excited talking about my blender. Haha worth every penny!!

This forum is exhausting, awesome and EXPENSIVE! Every time I think I have my boat set the way I want it, along comes another cool idea! Stereo upgrades, box anchors, rear view mirrors, noodle holders, coolers and now blenders! Love it all!

I will tell you this, nothing works like my Vitamix blender. That thing is amazing!! Bit too much for a boat, I'm pretty sure the neighbors lights dim when we turn it on, but man is it impressive!! Watch the videos of it making shaved ice and peanut butter, ice cream, it actually can heat soup and it doesn't have a heating element. The thing is amazing! We had a Kitchen Aid one and the little tabs on the motor that link into the blade broke off, but it wasn't even in the same ballpark as the Vitamix one. It's frigging loud, so if you have the means(money) the one with the cover would be nice, we don't care, it's only for a few seconds. Sorry, I get excited talking about my blender. Haha worth every penny!!
Oh yes we have a Vitamix at the firehouse. It can obliterate a brick if we wanted but definitely overkill for the boat. A $25 cheapie should work just fine. Until then, this will have to do!

People laugh when I start telling them about the Vitamix, especially when you tell them how much it costs! But until you've used it, you can't understand just how great it really is!

I use to make blenders with garbage disposals and a round 1.5 of 2 Gallon round cooler with angled PVC....yes you have to have power, 110 just won't get....it.....Cool Concept

PDX you crack me up! Love it! And fun pictures from your party cruise.

Back