The Process....

Sweet "T"

Reaction score
The second week-end in July 2012, my wife turns to me as we're floating in the Mastercraft and says "it's time". For what? "another pontoon boat!" No way, boats are work and we have enough!! "You loved the Sun Tracker, you'll love the new one more!!" C'mon!!! "Jimmy, it's time". I lost. But as I'm sitting here in the middle of Connecticut with lousy weather and snow everywhere - maybe I won! So it began.....The Process. I knew about Bennington Pontoons and really didn't consider others. Owned a 20' Bass Buggy for 12 years, but no comparison. Went to a dealer in Massachusetts and felt right at home with them. They took the time to understand how we might use the boat first, so they could make it fit right. Size, trim level, layout, color, power,..... it was overwhelming!! One thing at a time. Size - 25' is too big, 20' is too small - done, 22'. Trim level - after combing all the options and picking out what we liked, R was the only fit. Power - small lake {most every member here would get dizzy!}. Had a 35 on the Tracker which was fine until it got windy. 70 Yamaha for torque in the wind, don't need speed here. Layout and color were not as easy! We went to the Newport Boat Show in September and took a ride on a 25' RCWC Tritoon with a 300 Yamaha! Wow!! That was wicked! My daughter falls in love with the loungers. I was on the fence. Terry and I liked the Port Side Group. No decision. Then I found this forum. What a wealth of information! Kept coming back and reading a few times a week which made me cruise the website. Then in December, I saw it. A new layout! This works!! It fits us! The dealership was holding a build date for us, but I was pushing the time limit. I call the dealer to tell them what I saw on the website, and they said come to the Providence Boat Show in January and you can sit on one! That was it!! Hung around on the boat for over an hour and talked with the no pressure salesmen about how it might fit us, and we all agreed - 2250 RSR is us!! Loungers for 4, or seating for many. The King and Queen seating was the kicker. The Queen seat has 2 drink holders!! I think I'll have Terry drive!! Color - they all look good. You really can't go wrong here. Thought what we decided on was majestic looking. There, done, finally! Being built the last week of April, and floating on our lake 3 weeks later!!

Thanks to everyone here! You have know idea how helpful you all have been to me!! Who's thirsty?.....Me!!!

Safe Boating!

Jimmy

Jimmy, I just looked at that configuration and it looks REALLY nice. You're going to enjoy that. Congratulations.

As soon as you get it we need pics, Congrats on "The Process" sounds like a good name for the boat too.

Congrats on the new toon, and you're right, there is a wealth of knowledge here.

"I love it when a plan comes together" <I wish I had a cool picture from the A-team to insert here>

Heidi ho! I'm in Connecticut as well, and my dealer is also in Mass! You are going to love it here. Lots of great folks with great advice, and fun stuff too.

Congrats, and yeah, like Duckgrinder said, we need pics, or it's all just a pipedream ...... Lol !!!!

Thanks for the well wishes everyone!! We're really looking forward to getting back into the pontoon aspect of lake life. I'm gonna need a lesson on posting pictures! But I'll "Git-er-done!". Adam, I could tell you what lake I'm on, but then I'd have to k..........! "The Process" would be a great name!! But I named the Mastercraft after my Mom, and I'm naming the Bennie after my wonderful wife - Sweet "T". Terry doesn't know that yet, so let's keep it between us!!!

Your mom was named "Stars & Stripes 190"? :D

She was very patriotic!!! :rolleyes:

Congratulations. You are going to have a great summer. It is fun "getting to know" your bennie. This is our second summer and last summer was so busy that I really didn't get to know our boat, so it is going to be like new all over again. Not long now.

Royo

We need to sign you guys up for the Leno show! That is some funny stuff right there.

Hey Jimmy, where are you in Connecticut?

I still like "Duckgrinder" for a boat name.

Since you're not going to use it, can I???

Forget it. I would get overruled on that by the wife.

Thanks Roland and Royo!! Padre, I'm about 20 minutes from you. We stop in Manchester often because of the restaurants and Evergreen Walk. We drive up I84 to get to the lake every week-end. We go there year around. Enjoyed a few beers and some wings at Buffalo Wild Wings a few weeks ago to watch a game. Tons of restaurants in that town!! Nobody cooks at home in your town, the restaurants are always packed!!!

Good for you! Manchester is a good 'food' town. :) We've been here since 1998, before that in Western New York (near Buffalo). :)

Jimmy, Congrats on your new to-be-built boat. May it cause your many fond memories. It sounds like you are using the same dealer that supported me while I was building my boat. They took a lot of effort to convince Bennington to sell me seats and a bimini for a "non-Bennington" boat! Great people to work with. It sounds like there are several of us Connecticut Yankees around. We will need to plan a weekend get-together this upcoming season.

Thanks Dan!! That boat of yours is crazy cool!! Do you have detailed pictures of that boat online somewhere? The get together would be wicked if we could pull it off somehow. We tried a Team Mastercraft get together for some owners in Eastern NY and Connecticut but it never quite happened. We were gonna run the Hudson up around West Point in NY. I wasn't going to buy a trailer the first year because it is going back to them for the first service in the Fall. But something like this would push me to buy one before next year! We definately used the same dealer. Good folks up there. I'm going to stop in to see them on March 9th, for their Open House weekend. I'll mention you to Rory, Bill, and Susan when I get there. Seriously would love to see that boat of yours!! Great job!!!

Jimmy, Thanks for the compliments on my boat. There are many pictures of her during construction on others sites. Check Pontoon & Deck Boat Magazine at http://www.pontoon.n...MVIEWTMP=Linear We should start to plan out an event soon. I have worked on a couple of get-togethers, they can be a lot of fun.

Back