The Process....

WOW Wooden Pontoon, what a project! Obviously one not intended for the average joe. I now realize the labor involved but I am sure it was a labor of love. Enjoy

Link, You are correct, it was a major project! Most people have better sense than I do. It certainly was and is a labor of love. Thanks

With woodworking skills like that Dan, that boat should last forever with a little TLC. Reminds me of some of the old Richardsons. :)

Dan, I can't stop going back to the magazine forum you posted!! Wow!! I don't have a compliment you have never heard before. That boat leaves me speechless!! I'll bring the beer if I can ride with you at the get together you're proposing!! Or, I'll bring it if you just want to sit around on it in your driveway!! Seriously though, if you ever show that at another boat show, please let me know, I have way to many questions to post here. But I'll post one anyway! If you were doing it all over again, would you do anything different, and what would that be if so?

WoodenPontoon definitely adds a little "color" to the forum. Glad we have him instead of someone else. Not sure any other manufacturors have a forum like this. Steve

Dan thanks for sharing the link to your pictures. Your boat is amazing and I was marveled at the step by step process you went through to build it. You must think "OH WOW" every time you get on it. Not better than a grandchild, but way up there on the scale.

Royo

If you were doing it all over again, would you do anything different, and what would that be if so?
Thanks for the compliments everybody! I appreciate your interest. If I were to build another one, there are a few things that I would change. 1 Make all three logs full-length 2 Extend the center log backwards a couple of feet 3 Make the boat at least 24'

Dan, again, the work and skill, it's amazing. The inlay. Wow. Hope I get to see it this summer!!!

Back