This thing is starting to look like a boat!

To clarify the accent stripe issue; concerning the Q, G & S series all are somewhat similar in the fact of horizontal fence design and all only offer the accent stripe in the same position, the second row from the top.

The R has a much more extensive and numerous horizontal fence design and thereby offers a choice of two locations for the accent stripe; the top as in the same position as the other models or at the bottom at the second row from the bottom.

It's a matter of taste and I happen to like the R design EXCEPT when I wax the boat as it is a PIA

To clarify the accent stripe issue; concerning the Q, G & S series all are somewhat similar in the fact of horizontal fence design and all only offer the accent stripe in the same position, the second row from the top.

The R has a much more extensive and numerous horizontal fence design and thereby offers a choice of two locations for the accent stripe; the top as in the same position as the other models or at the bottom at the second row from the bottom.

It's a matter of taste and I happen to like the R design EXCEPT when I wax the boat as it is a PIA

On the R series prior to 2017 that is correct they all are second row from the top. On the 2017 R the upper accent stripe is the top row which puts the accent color against the furniture color. They also offer it in a lower accent stripe on the 2017 as well just like Spoonman has ordered. If you look at Spoonmans picture you can see that the upper accent stripe would run on the top row. 

After looking at spoonmans picture I stand corrected, Thanks for pointing that out Todd & Amanda. 

I researched this by looking at the Design & Build site so I just went back to double check, the picture on the RCW is like the one I mentioned, I then looked at the RCWL and although that model seems to offer the same horizontal fence design yet it does not offer a selection of the accent stripe.  I will see if I can get some clarification from Bennington

We love the R series and our choice on the Q was simply to break the color up, we didn't want the white accent strip against the white seats. Some of the color combos we looked at actually look better with the accent stripe at the top, this is one we almost chose.

IMG_1011_zpseik5quxk.jpeg

After looking at spoonmans picture I stand corrected, Thanks for pointing that out Todd & Amanda. 

I researched this by looking at the Design & Build site so I just went back to double check, the picture on the RCW is like the one I mentioned, I then looked at the RCWL and although that model seems to offer the same horizontal fence design yet it does not offer a selection of the accent stripe.  I will see if I can get some clarification from Bennington

We had the same issue with the boat builder, it's not correct for the 2017 models. The railings on all 2017 R and Q is a thicker railing than previous models which I assume created the change of stripe location. You can't really tell in pictures but if you look at a 2016 and 2017 side by side the railings are much larger.

That is the direction we went with putting color between the seats and the lower stripe.  This is what mine will look like sometime in May or June:)

View attachment 1632

Spoonman I loved that boat when I saw it online while we were searching for color combos. Our biggest reasoning for not going with it was due to several black toons showed up on our lake last year, It seemed like everywhere we went we saw black. That thing is gorgeous.

Spoonman I loved that boat when I saw it online while we were searching for color combos. Our biggest reasoning for not going with it was due to several black toons showed up on our lake last year, It seemed like everywhere we went we saw black. That thing is gorgeous.

yeah, love at first site for me when I saw it too.  Haven't seen many black pontoons on our lake. Most are light colored with minimal accent colors.  Only issue is black will be tough to keep clean, but what the h&%((..Looks too good not to go with it:)

Black is FUN to keep clean. I spent many an hour at our docks washing and waxing. It felt 10 degrees cooler on the dock in the shade with tunes going, a light breeze, and a beer. Then when you're done... just grab a lounger and relax for a bit before you call the falmily to tell them it's time to go out boating.

Thanks TB

Congratulations. Your dealer is really working hard for you. That is quick rigging turnaround.

Looking forward to seeing the photos! Will you have it in the water Thursday?

Looking forward to seeing the photos! Will you have it in the water Thursday?

We will take it to the lake and put it in our slip Thursday night but will probably be dark by then. It will be on the water next weekend and I'll post plenty of pics the following Monday. We barely have cell phone service at the houseboat so it's hard to do anything with pictures until we get back home. I'm sure we'll snap a few pics as we pick it up Thursday that I can post that night.

Okay then, I guess we can wait. LOL

Just got the confirmation that our boat will be at the dealer on Monday and we should have it Thursday :D :D :D

Party on Todd & Amandas boat next weekend .....   :lol:

Nice boat!  

NO colored drinks, "itos", shoes, etc, etc. etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back