This will make you sick

Jack M

Reaction score
4fb940fe2410d.image.jpg

http://lakeexpo.com/boating/the_lake/article_bb802d7e-a2ab-11e1-8d2a-0019bb2963f4.html?mode=image&photo=0

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. What the heck happened there?

Wow. What the heck happened there?
Collision with a 28 ft  Sea Ray

I have no clue how I find some of this stuff ,that's Google 

Its sad to see it so beat up but is encouraging to still see it floating.

Hope nobody was seriously hurt.

Jack

If I remember this one, there was a death involved ...... I could be wrong, but I swear it looked just like the one I read couple years ago.

Idiots. That is why I don't drink. I have to stay sober to watch out for all the a holes.

I think it serves as a good reality check. We get comfortable with our machines, our capabilities and sometimes let things slide, we think "it won't happen to me" I'm sure these guys thought the same thing and a life was lost that night. It makes me furious hearing about these stories because it all could have been avoided. I challenge someone to find a story were alcohol was credited for saving a life. Unfortunately it is always the other way around. ( and I said save a life, not create one!)

That is terrible .Should I remove it ?
Nope, like Andy said, it's a good reminder of the consequences of drinking in excess and boating.

I believe her husband was one of the persons arrested for BUI. The other boater also.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against drinking. I'm against drinking and operating a vehicle,boat, motorcycle etc.

Yup I agree. There's the right place and time to have em.

My wife and I don't take alcohol on board. Just never did in all of our years of boating........

Sad ..... do a search on boat fatalities, and I bet 95% are alcohol related. I read one where a guy was drunk, horsing around on a toon, girl fell off front, prop strike, she died, he got ONE YEAR in prison ...... and 3 years probation ..... I mean WTF ?????

We don't even want to get started on that kid that was drunk and just got off easy, who killed 4 kids in a car wreck .......  :angry: http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/11/us/texas-teen-dwi-wreck/   

That story of kid that got off because his dad has too much money and because of it, the kid didn't know right from wrong makes us SICK. Killing 4 people and getting off going to a what looks like a camp resort to learn right from wrong is the most ridiculous thing  justice can do.  That's not justice. We had a case here in SC of a guy going over 90 lost control went through a house hit and killed a man sitting watching TV. in the house The car was going so fast it went out the other side. Because the driver was a rich business man in town he got off with probation. Hey OJ isn't alone.

Very tragic!  It was dark (9:53pm in May), the boat operators were drinking, porbably going too fast for the dark conditions (judging from the damage) - just not an acceptable combination and the outcome was very tragic!  This is a good lesson for us all.

Jack

Good or bad, learning from others is what this forum is all about.  Leave the thread alone.  It is a good reminder.

I've not mentioned this for a while, but since there are always new folks on the forum, I'll mention it here again.  BoatUS has a book called "Seaworthy" and it's basically full of lessons from tragedies like this.  An eye-opening book into things that can go wrong boating.  If you are new to boating, you need this book.  One of the few books I actually highlighted key sentences so I could go back later and quickly review all the lessons learned.  For that reason, I would never sell my personal copy.

You can find it cheap on Amazon.  Here's the link: 

http://www.amazon.com/Seaworthy-Essential-Lessons-BoatU-S-s-20-Year/dp/007145327X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1391825817&sr=8-3&keywords=seaworthy

I see used ones are $11...

Good or bad, learning from others is what this forum is all about.  Leave the thread alone.  It is a good reminder.

I've not mentioned this for a while, but since there are always new folks on the forum, I'll mention it here again.  BoatUS has a book called "Seaworthy" and it's basically full of lessons from tragedies like this.  An eye-opening book into things that can go wrong boating.  If you are new to boating, you need this book.  One of the few books I actually highlighted key sentences so I could go back later and quickly review all the lessons learned.  For that reason, I would never sell my personal copy.

You can find it cheap on Amazon.  Here's the link: 

http://www.amazon.com/Seaworthy-Essential-Lessons-BoatU-S-s-20-Year/dp/007145327X/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1391825817&sr=8-3&keywords=seaworthy

I see used ones are $11...
I have wanted to order that book ,since it mentioned here previously ,

I just did ,Thanks ,for reminding me 

Back