Tidy Ups

Jack M

Reaction score
I have told the dealer that there are a few things I need take off the SLX before trade in .

One being the 6 Tidy Ups .

Before I bother removing them ,will they work on a RCW ,since the panels go up to the top rail ?

Looking at my factory pics it doesn't look like it .

Thanks .

Nope

You can use a product called ez fender, although when I went to their website it said this, interesting. They do require you to permanently attach to the rail though.

Due to personal reasons beyond our control, we have regretfully discontinued production of EzFenders. A limited quantity are available, however, through 

PontoonStuff.com, They will be more than happy to help with your purchases. 

When time allows, we will be back with a new, improved EzFender!

Thank you for your time.

Bryan Hermann, owner EzFender

In

Is there space on the second rail down ?

Jack, I was never happy with a number of fender tie up solutions until I installed EZ Fenders, they are the best.  On my RL I placed them at the front and at mid ship on the top rail, the mooring cover has no problem going over the ez fender.  However on the back the ez fender would have intefeered with the mooring cover so I didn't place any there and just tie a fender around the Bimini post.  Here is the post with pix of the ez fender: http://club.benningtonmarine.com/index.php?/topic/2857-ez-fender/?hl=fender

Thanks ,I really did like the Tidy Ups . I was hoping I could reuse them .

Just a nervous about drilling into the rails .

This may be a dumb question but, did you also put any type of sealant between the EZ fender and the rail ?

Thanks .

I had thought about using some type of adhesive but in the end only used the screws they came with.  Really don't have any load on them and so far no problems at all

Last edited by a moderator:
TB ,suggested these .It appears that they go over the rail . If so ,wouldn't the Tidy Up be able to fit also ?

Just another downfall to the weather ,I cant go out to check myself .

Team BenningtonCommodore

• Administrators
  • admin.png
  • 679 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:06 PM

We like the TaylorMade fender adjusters for pontoon boats, sold in a 4-pack Attached Thumbnails
  •  

Those were the ones I threw away for the ez fenders.  Did get some minor scratching from those and also lost some expensive fenders because I am stupid and tend to drive away from courtesy docks occasionally without taking the fenders back in.  Probably most important those is that the ez fenders are designed to adjust the height of the fender by simply loosing the screw and letting out or taking up some rope and then tighten the screw.  With the ones you describe you have to untie and retie. I even experimented with different devices such as the sailboat v clamps so I didn't have to untie and tie.  EZ fenders are certainly my choice 

I think I am going to try the Tidy Ups again .

Those do not need to be tied  and the fender will not fall off .

Last year I forgot to pull one up rode around for a half hour or so ,,thought for sure I lost it .

I have the E-Z fenders and like them very much.

Just realized that my copy/paste from my original post didn't work, it was from ez fenders website, I'll try it again

Due to personal reasons beyond our control, we have regretfully discontinued production of EzFenders. A limited quantity are available, however, through 

PontoonStuff.com, They will be more than happy to help with your purchases. 

When time allows, we will be back with a new, improved EzFender!

Thank you for your time.

Bryan Hermann, owner EzFender

Hmm, still didnt work. It showed up fine, but when posted, it makes it super small. Anyway, Ez Fender is out of business. Order from pontoon stuff.com while you still can, they supposedly had a small quantity left at the time they posted this, here is the link

http://www.ezfender.com/

Bryan (EZ Fender owner) is taking a break because his wife had breast cancer and she is the priority. He'll be back with new EZ Fenders.

Bryan (EZ Fender owner) is taking a break because his wife had breast cancer and she is the priority. He'll be back with new EZ Fenders.
That is the way it should be .

I think I am going to try the Tidy Ups again .

Those do not need to be tied and they and the fender will not fall off .

Last year I forgot to pull one up rode around for a half hour or so ,,thought for sure I lost it .
I like the concept but it looks like there is a bolt that holds the strap together.  Has anyone had any issues with the bolt scratching the fence or poking the furniture (for the models where the fence doesn't come all the way up)? 

Well good for him for having his priorities straight. 

Thanks for letting us know Carl, I love my EZ Fenders.  Prayers for Brian & his wife

Back