Time for add on's

Jack M

Reaction score
I have an older Uniden that they don't make anymore. It's called the Mystic and has been fne.Bought it on Fleabay.

Congrats on your expected arrival! It'll be nice having a new "baby" around!

Here's a small list of other things to consider:

life jackets

fire extinguisher

first-aid kit

dock lines

anchor & rode

rain jackets/ponchos

cooler

boat bag(s)

beach towels to keep on board

paper towels

303 vinyl cleaner & protector

Good Luck with your new boat and don't forget our pictures!

The dealer is including 8 Life Jackets,anchor & line ( anyone have any thoughts on a second anchor ? ) dock lines and bumpers.

I believe the fire extinguisher is included from Bennington .We have some of those vacuum storage bags we are going keep extra clothes and towels in .

We have started our first aid kit .Had not thought about the paper towels and vinyl cleaner & protector.

I am looking for a new cooler with wheels as we have slip # 31 at our marina .Thanks for input ,and I will get the pics up as soon as it arrives .

Second anchor is nice to drop off stern if you want to try to stay turned a certain way.

If I drop the front, it swings toward island, then I have to keep moving. I'm getting one for off the back so I can try and stay put.

Buy a spare extinguisher or two. VERY cheap insurance. A haf decent fire will typically not be put out by the small ones.

I'm actually going to mount a large one in my stern seat, with a hose clamped to nozzle that goes into fuel tank/privacy compartment.

If theres a fire, I pull pin and squeeze without OPENING rear compartment. LAST thing I want to do is feed oxygen to a fire in the fuel compartment.

JUST an FYI, if you have an FSA card ...... FIRST AID KITS CAN BE PURCHASED !!!!!!

DON'T use paper towels on windshield, or panels .... THEY SCRATCH !!!! Get microfiber towels !!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks again, that is good information .

Congrats on your expected arrival! It'll be nice having a new "baby" around!

Here's a small list of other things to consider:

life jackets

fire extinguisher

first-aid kit

dock lines

anchor & rode

rain jackets/ponchos

cooler

boat bag(s)

beach towels to keep on board

paper towels

303 vinyl cleaner & protector

Good Luck with your new boat and don't forget our pictures!
I was just looking at Amazon ,they have the "303" .

My question .Is the 303 an all in one cleaner and protector or two separate products ?

Thanks for your help .

They're separate products. Try here also : http://www.autogeek.net/

They have good prices and I think all their boat stuff is 10% off.

For the 303 stuff, there are 3 products you'll probably want to get, the vinyl cleaner, vinyl protectant, and the fabric protector. Although soap and water does a good job of cleaning as well.

I know this is going to sound stupid ,fabric protector for the top correct ?

I know this is going to sound stupid ,fabric protector for the top correct ?
Actually no, I noticed you had an SLX so figured you probably didn't get the wave shield underskinning, so the wood is exposed. Since wood is actually fibers the protectant helps seal it and extend the life of the decking. Sounds crazy I know, that's because it is!! Haha, I'm just pulling your leg! You bet it's for the bimini and playpen cover. :D sorry, I'm a smartass.

Nice Bulldog, being the dumb ass I am, you had me going for a second. And this is after I read over 1000 of your posts; you would think I would know better by now

Actually no, I noticed you had an SLX so figured you probably didn't get the wave shield underskinning, so the wood is exposed. Since wood is actually fibers the protectant helps seal it and extend the life of the decking. Sounds crazy I know, that's because it is!! Haha, I'm just pulling your leg! You bet it's for the bimini and playpen cover. :D sorry, I'm a smartass.
No need to apologize , I too can be a smart ass at times .

Nice Bulldog, being the dumb ass I am, you had me going for a second. And this is after I read over 1000 of your posts; you would think I would know better by now
Don't feel bad, you were not the only one .............

He has nothing better to do up there in the arctic circle! The funny thing is he sits back and laughs at his own jokes too!

Do the new covers need the fabric protector too? Or are they already protected until we clean them?

He has nothing better to do up there in the arctic circle! The funny thing is he sits back and laughs at his own jokes too!
Hey, funny is funny. I don't discriminate just because I said it!! Uh-Um (clearing throat) Hahaha!

For cleaning, also consider Fantastic and Spider Poop cleaner. Forgot my brand, but I discovered something the first day I took my new 2575 RCW out. I took off too fast, one of my passengers spilled their red wine on the new carpet, and the spider poopy cleaner broke it down like an enzyme product. The wine vanished instantly.

Please post when you think of the name...

I get a lot of spider poop (I thought it was fly poop, but probably not much difference) on our house siding next to the patio. I would never clean the whole house, but there are chairs right next to the siding out back that I'd like to keep clean.

Back