Trailer Front Stop Bumpers

Hey, thanks again Todd! One thing I forgot to tell you is i think they changed them a little, or my dealer ordered the wrong thing. If you look at the newer boats where the cleats are it is actually two pieces of aluminum. Hmm, that doesn't make sense. I'll have to get a picture.  Basically, you know how your protectors go completely over the rub rail, mine are two pieces that are more molded directly to the front and just go above and below the shiny rub rail. I'm guessing then the idea is it can't dent it. Yup I'll have to take a pic.

I wonder if anything in my gallery shows it?......

So on this one you can see if you zoom in right at the base of the tower

And you can see it on this pic of my last boat

Not sure if it works as well as Todd's, but it's what I got! :)
Derrick - Why do you have these on the side of your boat?

Derrick - Why do you have these on the side of your boat?
Haha, well those are just my cleats, but the new rub rail protectors are fashioned the same, just without a cleat obviously! 

Kaydano. Our rear cleats are the same way.  Aren't your's? :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:   :rolleyes:

I don't have them near any of my cleats.

I would probably move them to the front if I did.

Going to pick mine up from the dealer today, they are in I will post back what style I get, hoping they are the one piece. :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to pick mine up from the dealer today, they are in I will post back what style I get, hoping they are the one piece. :eek:
I'm really confused on these. I have the stainless rub rail. Would that be a different type or do you just not need them at all?

OK just got them from the dealer, they are the one piece like the ones pictured not the 2 piece.

Bennington part # 007669, rub rail protector official description.

Paid $53.50 for the pair plus $6 shipping.

Tom go to post #11 and #15 of this thread and look at the picture links and it will make sense, I do not have a rub rail on my boat and is just as the pics are in Post #15.

They will help either way to protect the cover and front rail from trailer upright stop rub marks while trailering.

If anyone trailers a lot these would be a benefit, if you don't trailer a lot then they would not. My short trip trailering every week is 75 miles round trip to the river if we go to the lake then it is 60+ miles one way depending on where we go.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I finally figured out Todd's are on a stainless rub rail too. I don't trailer much (yet), but I might get a pair just to be safe.

OK just got them from the dealer, they are the one piece like the ones pictured not the 2 piece.

Bennington part # 007669, rub rail protector official description.

Paid $53.50 for the pair plus $6 shipping.

Tom go to post #11 and #15 of this thread and look at the picture links and it will make sense, I do not have a rub rail on my boat and is just as the pics are in Post #15.

They will help either way to protect the cover and front rail from trailer upright stop rub marks while trailering.

If anyone trailers a lot these would be a benefit, if you don't trailer a lot then they would not. My short trip trailering every week is 75 miles round trip to the river if we go to the lake then it is 60+ miles one way depending on where we go.
Thanks for posting the part number. I emailed my dealer about these today and tried to explain I wanted the one piece, but this will eliminate the confusion. Thanks!!!

Sheesh, why all the two piece haters? Haha, if we were talking about women's bathing suits you'd all have a different view!

Sheesh, why all the two piece haters? Haha, if we were talking about women's bathing suits you'd all have a different view!
WELL............................That all depends on the woman.......... :unsure:

Thanks for the part number.  I confirmed that my dealer has them on order for me, hope to get them on next week.  I finally get my permanent trailer next week!!  Probably have 800 road miles on the current trailer with how much we have been getting out and about....

Got some shots of the front of my Shorelandr' trailer with new safety chains and bumper guards installed.

Back